Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Las Cruces Best Western Mission Inn

candigirl
By candigirl,
in

Hello everyone!

I need help getting 2 hotel rooms in Las Cruces, NM on 6/30/09 to 7/1/09. I know there is only 1 area to bid on, there are two 2 stars listed, and one 2.5 hotel listed. I am aiming for the Ramada or the La Quinta Inn. The 2.5 hotel, likely the SpringHill Suites, is out of the way of the area I want to be in, which is near the I-10. So, is there anyway to not have the automatic upgrade to the 2.5 star hotel?

Also, because there is only one zone, and I have to change at least one part of my bid, the only option I have after 1 bid is to add another zone! Does anyone know if there are any 1 star hotels in the area? Eek! I would hate to have 3 teenaged girls in a motel-by-the-hour, if you know what I mean! Lol.

Sorry this is so long, but I have absolutely NO idea where to go from here! So far, using the link here, I have bid $28. So I guess I have to wait 24 hours? Thanks! Love you guys! :)

There is no way to prevent an upgrade to a higher rated hotel.

As well, are you only bidding on one room? Keep in mind that PRICELINE only guarnatees double occupancy and you could receive a room with only one bed, with the hotel unable, or unwilling, to accomodate your request for a room with 2 beds (or can charge extra for it)

Have you tried searching HOTWIRE for your dates (as well as searching for quad occupancy?) What is your maximum budget for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

TYA, thank you! Using the PRICELINE link here, I won Best Western Mission Inn, 1 night, 2 rooms, 42.00 each, total of 110.00. I bid 38.00, 2.5 star, all zones, there's only 1 in LC, the first bid, rejected, second bid 42.00, 2 star, all zones, and won.

Mesillagirl, I will definately check out the Mesilla Plaza, I am dropping my 17 year old and 2 friends off at the Warped Tour at the university, so I'll have plenty of "alone" time to peruse the Plaza! Thanks to all!

PS: Springhill was totally booked, so I have reservations at LaQuinta, La Avenida Mesilla on the second night. . .

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. Can you please check your winning bid confirmation page and add a reply to this thread confirming that this property is 2.5* rated by PRICELINE (and that you were upgraded on your 2* bid)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding. (and if you booked the La Quinta direct for the second nite, please note as per our support page that we're an affiliate of the La Quinta chain as well as most other major chains and online booking agencies, please use the links there for your future hotel direct purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]