Priceline Hotel: San Juan 06/05

like2cruise
By like2cruise,
in

Hi Thereuare and everyone!

I saw recently someone had won a bid for the Caribe Hilton in San Juan for $95.00 for July 05 with their first bid. I was going to bid $85.00 and then saw that the next day the "average hotel rate" quote on priceline through your link had dropped. So having plenty of time and being stupid :) I bid $75.00 which was rejected. We are needing a hotel pre-cruise and post-cruise and have some Hilton points for a free stay that we will most likely use for the pre-cruise.

Anyway, just wanted to post my rejection if that helps anyone and I will plan to rebid in 72 hours. Any advice of what rate you would recommend I bid at next is appreciated. Obviously I have plenty of time. The Caribe looks great as does any of the resorts in San Juan. I do not want the Hyatt in Dorado as I am reading on the cruise boards that the fare to the pier is like $90.00. OUCH!!! I would rather pay more for a more convenient resort in San Juan.

I enjoy this board!! Thanks!

I don't believe the Hilton has yet released inventory for your date (and they are notorious for releasing rooms very close to arrival date). If you have your heart set on the Caribe Hilton i wouldn't even bid now.

On the other hand if you are happy with any resort in the zone and want to get this done with, Hotwire has what i believe to be the Wyndham Condado Plaza for about $110/nite, and when combined with the $10 BONUS MONEY brings it down to about $100. I would therefore bid $85, if rejected wait 72 hours and bid $90, if rejected wait 72 hours and bid $95, if rejected buy it on Hotwire for $100 (the promo expires 10/25/04).

In case you didn't see them, i have posted pictures of the Caribe Hilton at RealHotelPhotos.com.

Any additional questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]