Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Airport MCO) Crowne Plaza

iluv2travel
By iluv2travel,
in

please post a follow up to your Hotwire Orlando thread and let us know the outcome of that trip... then bump this thread and somebody will reply to your questions above.
Does anyone have any advise or help for my question?

As requested above, please follow-up your previous Hotwire Orlando thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll answer your question(s) above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As requested above, please follow-up your previous Hotwire Orlando thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll answer your question(s) above.

It's hard for me to follow up b/c I don't know if I can actually bid on this hotel or not due to having 2 adults and 1 child. That is why I was asking the question about using the HOTWIRE link above and it only giving results for 2 adults. I guess I'll just have to pass on this one.

I'm wondering which hotel this might be. Could it be Crowne Plaza at MCO? Thanks for any help! We've got friends staying at the Crowne Plaza and would like to stay there also so we could visit and actually head down to Port Canaveral together the next morning....would just be easier if we were all together!

3.5* in Orlando Int. Airport MCO for $76 - date 10/23

Amenities:

Shuttle

fitness center

pool(s)

restaurant(s)

Business Center

Hi-Speed Internet Access

Traveler Rating

Trip Advisor

3.5 out of 5

Based on 40+ customer reviews (Last reviewed April 09)

If you actually clicked on this Hotwire Orlando you'll see it is for your previous visit to the Orlando area from November 2008... if you would like help with your current stay you will need to go to that post and follow-up in regards to whatever you did for that stay.

Once you have "closed" that thread by indicating whatever you ended up doing for that stay, 'bump' this thread by adding a reply to it and we will address your current stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Does anyone have any advise or help for my question?

I'm pretty sure that what you're seeing happen is the number of beds you need are not available. Hotwire is a bit different than Priceline in that they actually are supposed to look at room occupancy as compared to Priceline that just says it's double occupancy and if you get more than that, you're just lucky.

On Hotwire, if you put 3 or 4 people, then according to their website, you're supposed to get a room that sleeps 3 or 4 people, though they do acknowledge that those numbers might be met by the use of fold out couches and the such.

So what it's doing is telling you that the Hyatt has rooms with single beds available for your dates, but does not have rooms available that will sleep more than that, and that's why it doesn't show up when you're searching for the adults and the child.

In addition to spuck20's comments above, not all hotels offer HOTWIRE availability for quad occupancy as it makes managing room inventory a bit more difficult (much easier to just leave as "assign at check-in based upon what's available" vs. committing to a room with two beds, which the hotel may have a limited number of)... so some hotels may not "sign on" to offer more than double occupancy.

For the 3.5* MCO property you think might be the Crowne Plaza... how many adults/chidren are you including in that search (so we can replicate the search on our end and see the details of this offering)

I thank both of you so very much for offering your help and comments! There would be 2 adults and 1 child (age 12). I have another thread that I've been asked to close by "thereuare" but I don't know how to close it. Any help with closing that other thread would be greatly appreciated. I checked under the "help" feature but I still don't see how to do it. TX!!

The 3.5* HOTWIRE hotel (which also shows a Tripadvisor rating of 3.5/5.0 with 40+ reviews) is a match for the Crowne Plaza so that would be our best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]