Hotwire Hotel: 3* Nashville (Downtown-Vanderbilt-Metrocenter) Holiday Inn Select

missnorthking
By missnorthking,
in

Hi there :)

I am new to this so I hope I am doing everything correctly...I read all of the notes on what to do before you post.

I am trying to book a reservation for a hotel in the Downtown/Vanderbuilt/Music Row area of Nashville. This will be my first trip there for music business. I will need a hotel from July 11-July 15, 2009 and I would like it to be 3.5-4 stars. Does anyone have any helpful hints on what to bid? My budget it about 250-300 dollars for the entire hotel stay. Am I being unrealistic? I dont know if any of the other areas would be good for me, I will have a car, but I dont know the area at all...Help?

I have also read horror stories of "resort fees" and expensive parking fees I would like to avoid...

Thanks for any advice!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For starters, this is posted in the HOTWIRE section of the board but you mention bidding (there is no bidding on HOTWIRE)... were you looking to bid on PRICELINE or use HOTWIRE for this purchase? (if you're not sure you can read about the similarities and differences between the two services in this I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire thread.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but HOTWIRE gives you the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may likely receive (which also gives you the ability to determine if the hotel you believe is being offered has any charge for parking or resort fees).

If you want to proceed with PRICELINE, let us know if you want to first try for a 4* up to your limit and then if rejected try for a 3.5*... or if the least expensive 3.5* or better hotel what you're seeking for this stay?

Also, let us know your maximum bid amount (per nite before taxes and fees).

We'll then be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but HOTWIRE gives you the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may likely receive (which also gives you the ability to determine if the hotel you believe is being offered has any charge for parking or resort fees).

If you want to proceed with PRICELINE, let us know if you want to first try for a 4* up to your limit and then if rejected try for a 3.5*... or if the least expensive 3.5* or better hotel what you're seeking for this stay?

Also, let us know your maximum bid amount (per nite before taxes and fees).

We'll then be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

thereuare,

You are too kind...I was hoping to get something in the 50-55 with 60 dollar being highest range a night. I know that might sound crazy but from reading your board it might be feasible? It seems like people book the same few hotels in the Nashville area on Priceline, and like you said you can make an educated guess on what you might get on hotwire. I had no idea there was so much that went into this :) I would ultimately like to be 4* or maybe 3.5* because I really dont want to end up in something scary in downtown in a town I have never been to.

Thanks again you are awesome!

Good luck with your first music biz - I'm going to guess country music? :) - trip to Nashville.

Unfortunately, the HOTWIRE 4*'s for these dates are quite expensive, and I'm not sure a 4* is possible for $60, on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Orbitz.com does have this offer, which is a good deal if you can find a hotel you like in your range. You could possibly try to book this for one or two nights to take advantage of it and then get a cheaper PRICELINE or HOTWIRE deal for the other two nights.

**Orbitz SPECIAL OFFER**

Through 6/28, book any hotel in Nashville and receive a FREE $50 gift certificate from Restaurant.com (Select a hotel and add FREE offer on the add Attractions & Services page).

Restaurant.com is a service where you can buy discounted gift certificates to restaurants across the country. The service often (not always, but often) offers coupon codes, and if you can combine those with the GC, $50 could go a long way.

HOTWIRE does have what appears to be the Holiday Inn Select Downtown for within your budget (3*, (Downtown - Vanderbilt University - Metrocenter) Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Tennis, Laundry for these dates. You may be able to get a hotel cheaper via PRICELINE, but it would require some flexibility on where you stayed. I would look on the site's PRICELINE list for the area and see what your thoughts are regarding the possible downtown 3*'s and the one 3.5* that has been reported and then let us know how you want to proceed.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE (or Orbitz.com) links.

For 7/11-15 when searching for 2 in Nashville, I'm seeing a 3* in the (Downtown - Vanderbilt University - Metrocenter) area w/ Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Tennis, Laundry amenity icons, which would be a match on this list of reported HOTWIRE wins for the area for the Holiday Inn Select. This HI is also within the zone boundary and matches the Tripadvisor rating.

You can potentially get any of the hotels on the site's list of reported PRICELINE wins for TN here. For example, if you bid for 3* Nashville (Downtown-Vanderbuilt) you could potentially get any of those properties.

I seeeee! Its all making sense now, again you are awesome..Ok so to sum this up...I can likely get the Holiday Inn Select for 63 a night via hotwire OR any one of those hotels on that list for whatever I decide to bid. But how do I know what to bid? Advice on that? Then I will weigh whether I want to go for it on priceline or hotwire ( I am leaning towards hotwire now)...

Given how expensive 4*'s (and the one 3.5*) are on these dates, I'd try $65 for a 4*, but I'd say it's not particularly likely that will be accepted.

Gotcha...so Im looking at a priceline 3* to bid on starting at 47, or accept the 63 bucks a night on Hotwire for what we think is the holiday inn select.

Happy to help! :) Best of luck with bidding.

Alright! I booked through Hotwire and you were right it was the Holiday Inn Select I am so excited! I booked July11-15th for 63 a night total came to like 309 bucks with taxes (57 dollars in taxes!) I saw yesterday it went up to 64 and today went back down to 63 so I jumped on it...this hotel retails for 113 a night so what a great deal!!!!!

Thank you for everything!!

• 1 month later...

Aaron thanks again I had the best time, the hotel was absolutely perfect! I am planning another trip for august, and hopefully monthly after that. SOOO I might need your help again :) Looks like there is a 3* hotel again in the same area Downtown Nashville Vanderbuilt area 59 a night...what are the chances its that holiday inn select again?

Thank you!

Looks like there is a 3* hotel again in the same area Downtown Nashville Vanderbuilt area 59 a night...what are the chances its that holiday inn select again?

Depends if the amenities are the same as previous reports... you want to use all the pieces of the puzzle that HOTWIRE supplies, not sure star rating, zone, and price (and the amenities are one of the most important pieces of the puzzle)

If/when your plans are firm please start a NEW TOPIC for your next stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks. (glad your previous trip was a good one :) )

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]