Priceline Hotel: 3.5 or 4 star Savannah - need help pls

kamd4242
By kamd4242,
in

I'm very new at this - please advise :) I'm trying to plan a last minute weekend getaway for June 19-21 for our anniversary.

I'd like to bid on a 3.5 or 4 * hotel in the historic district in Savannah. What strategies do you suggest? Any ideas of what hotel I might end up with? I'd like to be close to the river and the hotel have an outdoor pool. Where should I begin my bid? How high should I go?

I'm happy to use the links provided!

Thanks so much!

K.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see hotels which have previously been reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List.

Your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded region of PRICELINE's zone and there is no assurance that it will have an outdoor pool. The deep discount you see many on the board receive is in exchange for being flexible in your plans and what you require from the hotel.

If the above is a 'dealbreaker' you may still consider HOTWIRE which also will not show you the name or location fo the hotel, but it wills show you the amenities offered by the property. This will tell you at least if the hotel has a pool (although not necessarily an outdoor pool) and you can often identify the property before your purchase based upon the amenity combination that HOTWIRE associates with the hotel (and thus also determine its location). Still a risk as you have to "guess' correctly and there are no guarantees, but it at least gives you a better shot at targeting a specific property, location, and/or amenity.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I put in a few bids on priceline but they were too low - now they are asking me to lower my star choices (I had previously chosen 3.5 * or higher and bid up to $95. Should I choose a 3? According to the priceline hotel list on this site, they usually have 4 hotels (and one of those is booked according to the hotel website). The other 3 look nice. What should I bid on a 3 star? Is the hotel list up to date?

Is the hotel list up to date?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ as well as the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List.

Before you bid any further...

What is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel in this zone? A 3.5* in this zone? A 3* in this zone?

Do you recall exactly which zones you bid at the 4* level and your highest rejected bid? Do you recall the same info at the 3.5* level?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]