Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* botique hotel Gold Coast/Mich Ave

chwtom
By chwtom,
in

Wondering if anyone could offer me some help. Looking to book a hotel for December 11, 1 night in the michigan ave area. What comes up is a 4.5* hotel for $157. The listed features are botique hotel, restaurant, fitness center, business center. Looking at the lsit on this site, it appears this would be the Burnham hotel. Does anyone out there think this is correct. Also, The Burnhams "rack" rate for that and any other night is $199. Is the quoted price of 157 likely to change up or down (i realize you have no crystal ball).

Finally, does the amount of traffic for a particular set of search criteria affect the price? that is, if i keep checking the site using the same parameters each day, is the hotwire computer going to think there's lots of interest in that scenario, and increase the price?

thanks a ton for any help you can provide.

tom

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Burnhams is not believed to have a Business amenity icon associated with it, which this hotel does. My best guess is that this is more likely the Sutton Place.

Prices are set by the hotel and then Hotwire adds a variable mark-up to that price. The variable mark-up is so that the same hotel doesn't always appear at the same price, thus increasing the opacity (so that users don't know, "the $100 4* hotel in this zone is always XYZ Hotel, while the $108 hotel is always Hotel ABC")

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]