Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 2.5* Newark Int Airport EWR Area

taliategan
By taliategan,
in

Help ID a 2.5* hotel in Newark Int Airport-EWR Area

1 night; 2 adults/2kids, 1 room, for 6/22/09 check-in, 6/23/09 check-out, $ 60.00

following amenities

Airport Shuttle

Smoke Free Rooms

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundary Facilities

Internet Access

Would this be the Comfort Suites, since there is no pool listed? The other two 2.5* on the betterbidding list of 2.5*, Country Inn and Suites and Wyndham Garden, both have pools.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I believe this is the Comfort Suites on McCarter Highway.

I've stayed here twice, and the first time I got into a big argument with the folks at HOTWIRE because I thought this hotel was not within the Newark zone. The neighborhood leaves a lot to be desired. There is a $10 per person fee each way for the shuttle.

Will you have a car? Is there any compelling reason to be in this area of Newark? What is the nature of your trip? Sorry for the interrogation, but there may be other options to consider.

Thanks for the tip on the area. I was considering driving my wife and kids to Newark across PA for an international flight that is leaving on 6/23. They do have a connecting flight into Newark, but it is on a small commuter plane; &, my wife, who is not crazy about flying, does not like to fly on small planes. I will have a car, but it sounds like an area to avoid. I will look for something closer to the airport.

The Comfort Suites was "ok" for me as I was travelling solo, but I know my wife would not want to stay here.

One final question, will you need to park your car during this trip? How many days? There are several hotels that offer extended parking, but your will need to book this directly rather than use an opaque service such as HOTWIRE or PRICELINE. You may need to compare the total cost of a HOTWIRE booking and paying to park for x number of days vs. the rate for a hotel that includes extended parking.

It appears that a 3* is available for $62 with Shuttle, Fitness, Restaurant, Laundry, HS Internet. This also has a 3 out of 5 rating on Tripadvisor with 120+ reviews. These amenities match those of the Holiday Inn.

Please use the Support/Travel Links on this board if you proceed.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]