IND to HNL flight help

Doski
By Doski,
in

I have another post in the priceline hotel forum about a honeymoon i'm planning to Maui on 10/26-11/4. I have never bid on priceline air and i'm definitely skeptical about having to deal with rediculous layovers, etc. Are there significant savings to be had with priceline air or is it a waste of time?

Direct booking is in the $600 range with all taxes and fees. Could I expect to get that below $400 by bidding with priceline?

I have never bid on priceline air and i'm definitely skeptical about having to deal with rediculous layovers, etc. Are there significant savings to be had with priceline air or is it a waste of time?
The savings can be there (not as easy as hotels), but what's your definition of a 'ridiculous' layover? Current at the time of posting, this is from PRICELINE's website:
Domestic travel: Connection times for domestic travel can be up to 3 hours, depending on the best available routing. Keep in mind that 80% of domestic connections booked by priceline are 2 hours or less.

Another issue to consider is routing... it's possible that instread of somthing which seems more direct, like IND-->LAX-->HNL you could be routed thru Dallas or some other city that doesn't seem as direct.

Direct booking is in the $600 range with all taxes and fees. Could I expect to get that below $400 by bidding with priceline?
You never know unless you try :) What is the breakdown of base fare and fees/taxes on the $600 ticket?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

a 3 hour layover is reasonable. I would be comfortable with that.

The best fair I have found is $582 (516 base, 62 taxes). total travel time is only 12 hours with 2 stops, but the connections are pretty tight. The best 1 stop flight is 700 (basically the same base/tax breakdown) and total travel time is 11 hrs.

what price range would you expect on a priceline bid? most 2 stop flights i've seen are in the 16 hour travel time range, but i've seen as high as 20hrs, and i just assume that i'll get a crap itenerary with priceline. is that a harsh assumption based on what you've seen?

Assume the worst itinerary, determine how much of a discount you would need vs. a conventional booking to make that routing worthwhile, then we'll suggest a bidding strategy up to that amount.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]