Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Loews

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

Hi all,

I have just been given two tickets to see a red Sox v. Phillies game this Saturday, June 13, in Philadelphia.

We are driving down from Connecticut, and need to make very last minute overnight accommodations.

I found a hotel on HOTWIRE in the Airport PHL zone that looks like the 4 Points Sheraton and may work for us.

Can anyone tell me if it is better to get a hotel in the Airport zone or should we stay elsewhere? If so, what zones are ultra easy via public transport?

I might also consider PRICELINE if other zones might work. Looking for a nice spot, not luxury, but comfy, 3* and higher. All help and advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi all, I have just been given two tickets to see a red Sox v. Phillies game this Saturday, June 13, in Philadelphia.

Red Sox nation decends on the City of Brotherly Love!!

The drive from the airport is not too difficult, but you may want to consider staying in Center City and taking the Broad Street Subway down to the game.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in Center City East with Fitness, Restaurant, Laundry, HS Internet for $98; I believe this is the Club Quarters @ 1628 Chestnut Street based on the Tripadvisor rating of 3.5 out of 5 and 240+ reviews.

I'm not sure if you would consider a PRICELINE bid, but another board member, and fellow Red Sox fan was successful at the at 3.5* Sheraton Center City.

PS, If you're not up for the trek, I would gladly relieve you of the tickets and burden of driving down I-95 and the NJ Turnpike :)

DaHammer,

Thank you for hitting this one on the head!

I decided to take your advice and bid on Center City Hotels on Priceline.

For $75 I got the Loews (which I thought was a big box hardware store, or movie theater, didn't know it was a hotel chain also...)

I'll post the win on the priceline board.

Perhaps Thereuare can combine these posts.

As for those Sox/Phillies tix...If I suddenly get deathly sick (cuz that's what it will take) I'll let you know.... :)

Trish

very good! This Loews is in the former Philadelphia Savings Fund Society building (PSFS) and I believe was given some kind of historical status. You will need to walk west on Market Street to City Hall and take the Broad Street Subway (south) just follow all of the other Sox fans heading down. I'm not sure of the fare, but go to www.septa.org and check it out. I think parking is about $15-$20 at Citizens Bank Park, but I usually park at JETRO, a cash and carry place that is a little cheaper and I can cook some sausage and peppers and have a few pre-game beverages. Wear your colors, Phillies fans won't hassle you at all. The only exception being Mets fans with attitudes.

Enjoy the game!!

Congratulations on your win... both in regards to the hotel and in scoring the tickets! :)

A nice deal for this property and hopefully will work well for your plans. (on a side note the hotel chain (Loews) spells their name slightly differently than the big box home improvement retailer (Lowes))

Thanks for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the game.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]