Priceline Hotel: Virginia Beach Help Needed 7/10-7/13

jmoye
By jmoye,
in

Good Afternoon,

I am looking for a hotel for 7/10-7/13 in Virginia Beach. I have tried (using the PRICELINE link of course :) bidding up to 90$ for a 4* hotel in the Pembroke Area, using free rebids and haven't had any luck. I would also be open to staying in the seaside area at a 3* property. However, while searching on the Westin website, I found The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center for 338 (not including taxes) for the dates I need using a promotional code. Do you think I should wait and continue bidding thru priceline or book via Westin's website (seems like a pretty good deal). Also, if there is a link I can use to book Westin to give you credit, that would be appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I found The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center for 338... Do you think I should wait and continue bidding thru priceline or book via Westin's website
Compared to your failed $90 bid this is a pretty good rate, but to answer your question if you should take this or not... how much do you want this particular hotel? What if you received the other 'known' 4* hotel in this zone, the Founder's Inn? What if you received some other 4* hotel in this zone? Is this rate cancellable or is it non-refundable?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links for your bidding above. If you choose to book the Westin directly, we do have a link to the Westin (thanks for asking)... you can find this link as well as other to most of the major hotel chains as well as the major online booking agencies in our support page.

If you let us know the answers to the question(s) above we'll be in a better position to suggest your next step.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Beach-Pembroke...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103

Any questions feel free to ask.

The final bid above should be just below your total booking directly thru the Westin so you can either complete the strategy above to save whatever money you can OR stop a little short of the $103 bid mark since for just a little more you'll know exactly what you're receiving by booking the Westin directly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Westin link)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]