Priceline Hotel: 4* Portland (Downtown) Hotel Monaco

Rookfan
By Rookfan,
in

Nice experience. Used the PRICELINE link, bid 69 - counter offer +17. Closed browser, startet again with 70 - counter offer +22 !? Closed again. Started with 55 and ending 69 with no success using the plenty of rebids. After new start with 72 then 75. Bingo. And Monaco ! Tripadvisor #3 in Portland. Their best rate 169. So I'm very happy :) with the result though parking will be "another more night" fee ...

Nice experience. Used the PRICELINE link, bid 69 - counter offer +17. Closed browser, startet again with 70 - counter offer +22 !? Closed again. Started with 55 and ending 69 with no success using the plenty of rebids. After new start with 72 then 75. Bingo. And Monaco ! Tripadvisor #3 in Portland. Their best rate 169. So I'm very happy :) with the result though parking will be "another more night" fee ...

Hotel Monaco is very nice, in a convenient location, very walkable City. Don't pay for the Hotel parking as it is outrageous. Rather, park your car in one of the City Parking Garages and save a bundle. There is one just a block away, and if it is the weekend (Saturday night - Monday a.m) parking on the street is free.

Enjoy your stay!

I'm using PRICELINE for my next stay in Portland now that I see the quality of Hotels **** and bargain prices.

Thanks for the hint LindaK. You know what ? Excatly that was already my intension when I figured out

the "SmartPark" garage on 3rd. and Alder, also that it's free onside on weekends. Nice that you confirmed as a "local" that I was right, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the hint LindaK. You know what ? Excatly that was already my intension when I figured out

the "SmartPark" garage on 3rd. and Alder, also that it's free onside on weekends. Nice that you confirmed as a "local" that I was right, thanks.

Please note--parking in Portland is no longer free on Saturdays, and evenings free after 7pm Mon-Sat (was previously 5pm). Easy to pay, though--smartpark machines take plastic and won't let you overpay (i.e. past 7pm). Smart park is also not bad, and if you shop, many stores will validate.

Please note--parking in Portland is no longer free on Saturdays, and evenings free after 7pm Mon-Sat (was previously 5pm). Easy to pay, though--smartpark machines take plastic and won't let you overpay (i.e. past 7pm). Smart park is also not bad, and if you shop, many stores will validate.

texasgirl thanks a lot. Better to know that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]