Hotwire Hotel: Rome Hotel

Faisal
By Faisal,
in

I am not sure whether to use Priceline or Hotwire when looking for a cheap hotel in Central Rome. I am planning to be there from 9/17-9/19 and need something in Central Rome, but I don't want to spend more than $100. Is it possible to get a 4 star hotel or a 3 star with complimentary breakfast? And where do I find it? HOTWIRE or PRICELINE?

You can enter either location, Piazza Novona or Trevi Fountain, into the search box at MAPS and HOTELS.com and compare the loation to the HOTWIRE zone... but yes, these appear to be in the Rome Central zone, but as you can see, this zone is quite large and it may be difficult to target something in the northern part of the zone.

The 3* property with Complimentary breakfast has not yet been identified.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes you are probably right. I did a lot of research and it turns out that Priceline Europe has some better deals for hotels not listed on Priceline.com or Hotwire. Also, Travel Europe has great deals on hotels too. They all have hotels that are truly local to Rome and operate on a much smaller scale. Thanks for all your help.

We are just back from last weekend's priceline win "Melia Roma Aurelia" which is within the "grande raccordo" ringroad but still far from every other civilization (restaurant, shops etc). They offer a free shuttle but the last shuttle for return to hotel is 22:00 which is Italian dinner start- you'll never have chance to enjoy real dinner except 25 EUR taxi-ride...

Honestly there are hundreds of hotels in Rome which are closer to public transport for reasonable rates.

Check following areas:

Vaticano, Trastevere

Trastever has all the restaurants and you can do everything by foot

e.g. www.bbtrastevere.com/eng/presentazione.html

Rome isnot a real good priceline city!

check: booking.com, hrs.com, hotels.de etc.

Unfortuantely this property has not yet been identified either, and there are just too many 3* hotels whihc offer complimentary breakfast to gain much insight :)

Have you tried Orbitz or Expedia? Both are offering 10% off coupons right now which may give you a very good rate at a hotel you can determine how centrally located it is.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Orbitz or Expedia links)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]