Priceline Hotel: Any Suggestion? NY 10/15 - 10/17 bid $150, no win

lilas_rak
By lilas_rak,
in

Trying to get a hotel 2* or above in NY Manhattan area. Bid upto $150 with Midtown South, West, East, Soho/Fin District and Central Park area. No luck.

Any suggestions what price could get some hotel there?

Is it better to wait to till 16th or 17th on the hope they release the lower price hotels in the last moment?

Would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.

lilas_rak

Rate are very high for your dates and with less than a week to go before check-in it is likely that hotels would have already released any excess inventory.

If not successful with Priceline, what will you do? Do you have a back-up reservation booked? (if so, where and how much)

Also, please follow-up the questions in THIS POST so that we can properly classify that property. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went upto $160 for all locations of New York city with a 2 star hotel bidding. No luck yet.

Tried Brooklyn Heights also for $115 for 2 star. No luck.

I was trying to keep it under $150 per night. Still don't have any fall back booking. I guess I should do a fall back booking which is cancellable. Are the New York hotel bookings when booked directly with the hotel cancellable?

Any suggestions welcome!

lilas_rak

I believe you might be on the cusp of an accepted offer, but I don't think you can try again until the 14th.

If you do that, then up your bid to $165

I don't think you will be able to get anything lower, but look around, then try again last minute.

If you really can't bid that much.. maybe try Jersey.. ?

I think that you can get the first nite of your stay fairly inexpensively in Jersey City. Then the second nite in Manhattan by bidding on Priceline. The second nite in NYC will be more expensive than you $150/nite buget... but i think you may be able to average the two nites to just about your projected budget.

The advantage is that you'll stay in two very nice hotels... the disadvantage is that you'll have to change hotels during your stay (and only spend one nite in each).

If this sounds applealing let us know and i'll lay out the details for you. If it's not appealing, take a look at your what you back-up reservation is going to cost and we'll re-evaluate things from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]