I Hate this post....

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

I have been told that i am too soft on the subject and that is the way i intend to stay, but every now and then i feel the need to step out of my comfort zone and make a plea to remind users that we need their support.

Most of you know that i do not favor asking for donations nor do i wish to clutter the board with advertisements; so please keep in mind the time and expense that is involved in running this board as you make your travel plans and use the links of our suppliers.

We are also currently working on a page of affiliate links for the upcoming holiday season. Please PM me any companies that you would like to see on that page which you would use and that you think others would benefit from.

I truly do not want to make a habit of such posts, as there are already other sites that take heat for constantly inundating their members with requests to use their links. Others have commented that these other sites have lost sight of their users and now only care about their own bottom line, yet i would assume that their actions still have a positive effect on their revenue (evidence that 'doing the right thing' isn't always rewarded :) ). Hopefully we won't ever have to operate in such a fashion and we can maintain a professionally run board while continuing to take what i consider to be the "high road".

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

I'm discouraged to have to reply to this post and bump it to the top, but there have been a few issues over the last few days which warrant it.

We have always tried to administer this board with the guideline of "be fair and treat users with respect". This is a two way street, and unfortunately a few users are losing sight of this and are neither being fair or respectful (of other users or the time devoted to administering the board). The board is made of of people, so be mindful in your comments/actions that these people (including myself) have feelings and emotions.

We won't be banning members or pointing any fingers, but please think about the feelings of other posters as well as if your comments/actions are advocating the longevity of this site.

...and to show that there are real people on the other side of the computer, here's a picture of my daughter (the proud dad in me can't resist :) ):

cowgirl.jpg

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]