Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Airport O'Hare ORD) Hyatt Regency

Latitudes
By Latitudes,
in

Can I ask for some help please?

I've been forced to change an itinerary due to schedule changes at ORD, and now must layover in Chicago on Saturday 11/13. My flight arrives at 21:00 Saturday and departs at 06:40 Sunday, so I'd like to book something close to the terminals.

It looks like the Skokie - Niles -Evanston zone is a bit far away for my needs. Is that a correct assumption? Should I only bid for the ORD zone?

I've tried a couple of bids that were unsuccessful. 3* at $40 and 4* at $50 were both rejected. Is there a convention on that weekend? I see that other bids around this price were successful in July.

Any help you can afford is appreciated. Thanks.

Given the late arrival and early depature i would stay as to close to ORD as possible.

Rates don't seem too high for that nite... it may just be an 'access to inventory' problem at this point.

I would book yourself a cancellable back-up and continue to try for the next 2-3 weeks. If unsuccessful at that point i would consider other alternatives (which we can help with).

If you don't want to try for another 2-3 weeks and prefer to get this taken care of let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Skokie and The Loop are NOT re-bid zones. Although they don't contain 2.5* hotels, they do contain hotels that are higher rated than 2.5*... and Priceline has the option to upgrade you to the higher rated hotels. A re-bid zone is one that only contains hotels lower then the star rating your are bidding.

Since rates don't appear to be too high, i would sooner continue to try for the 3* or 4* hotels and if not successful in 2-3 weeks, then consider raising bid or lowering star quality.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Success!

4* ORD $45 rejected. Added Lincoln Park for $50 rejected. Added Skokie for $55 accepted.

Hyatt Regency O Hare

O'Hare Airport (ORD)

9300 West Bryn Mawr Road

Rosemont, Illinois 60018

847-696-1234

Your Offer Price: $55.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $55.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.49

Total Charges: $69.49

Thanks for your help; I just myself saved $34. :)

Actually i'm showing the hotel website as $149/nite!

Glad you have had success and your plans are now taken care of... with such an early depature the next morning i think it was important to be close to ORD.

Thanks for sharing the results with the rest of the board.

Have a great stay and hope the rest of your trip goes as smoothly.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]