Priceline Hotel: NYC for 1 night on 11/25 (Day before Thanksgiving)

nick
By nick,
in

Ok, I may have been crazy to wait until now, but...My family and I will be in NYC for Thanksgiving and only need a hotel for the night before Thanksgiving (11/25). We are a total of 5...2 adults, 3 kids. Can I get some bidding strategy assistance. We would like to stay mid-town (either west or east).

I would prefer 4 or 5* quality.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates aren't as bad as i suspected they would be for this date... traditionally a very expensive nite with all the hotels filled up with those coming to watch or march in the Thanksgiving Day parade.

First though... are you looking for 2 rooms? Are you with familiar with Priceline and that bedding types are not guaranteed... so you could get 'stuck' with two rooms which only have one bed in each of them. This may or may not be an issue for you depending upon the age of your three kids and how well they 'get along'.

Let us know if you are able to accept the above 'risk' of an unknown bed type and if you have a maximum bid in mind.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In NYC it's usually not recommended to take this chance with more than two people... let alone 5, but it's up to you how you want to play it. Keep in mind that many NYC hotel rooms can't fit a roll-a-way bed and given the likely high occupancy (due to the parade aspects mentioned above) you may not get your bedding request honored. As well, you may want to only have one person (or one person and two kids) approach the check-in desk as many NYC hotels have a maximum occupancy of 4 people.

So with that disclaimer, this is how i would proceed:

I would usually recommend UM/CPS be added to your mix of zones, but as you stated you only want MTE or MTW i will keep it at that. You have two re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in this area, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask any questions that may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones.

Select 4* MTE and...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone#1 and...

Bid $140.

If rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and re-bid zone#2 and...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone#1 and...

Bid $150.

If the above is rejected i would then go to Hotwire and purchase a 4* hotel that they are showing in MTE at a price of $157-$162... i believe this hotel to be the Grand Hyatt. For your Hotwire search select 2 adults and 2 children... it brings up the same hotel at the same price, but will likely guarantee 2 beds in the room (or at least one bed and a pull-out couch).

Hotwire will likely cost you just a little bit more than Priceline, but it may be the right way to go (not even trying Priceline) due to the fact that they allow you to select 2 adults and 2 children which should give you at least 2 beds... it depends how much of a chance you want to take.

I also wouldn't sit on this too long as all the other hotels in the Hotwire search are much more expensive than this 4*, so i wouldn't expect this deal to last very long.

Let us how it goes. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Only from the standpoint that you would be able to raise in $5 increments instead of $10 increments a bit earlier in the bidding process.

If that's what you want to do let us know and i'll revise accordingly... but if you really don't want to be in the UM/CPS zone than it's not worth the potential $5-$7 savings. As well, if successful with Priceline, my best guess is that it will be in the MTE zone anyway.

I offered... so it's no trouble :)

Select 4* MTE and...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $130, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone#1 and...

Bid $140.

If rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS and re-bid zone#2 and...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone#1 and...

Bid $150.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]