Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Cape May/The Wildwoods Bidding Help Request

usavvy2
By usavvy2,
in

Congress Hall is listed as the only 3.5* hotel in Cape May at this time.

Congress Hall.com’s room rate is $219/night for 6/18/09; Expedia’s internet rate is the same. My max bid for a 3.5* hotel in Cape May is $125, which I tried on 6/5 but was rejected. If I cannot get a room in Cape May for $125 or less (plus tax), I will take a lesser hotel - but only in Cape May which means I'd have to book OUTSIDE of Priceline to guarantee.

3 free rebids for 3.5* hotels in Cape May shown:

• A/C West only has 2* hotels

• Somers Point only has 3* hotels

• Vineland only has 2.5* hotels and lower

My previous bids include:

On 6/2, first bid of $71 was rejected; counter offer of $155/night ignored.

1. Added AC West to re-bid of $76 - rejected; counter offer of $155/night ignored.

2. Added Somers Point to re-bid of $81 - rejected; counter offer of $155/night ignored.

3. Added Vineland to re-bid of $86 – rejected; counter offer of $155/night ignored and waited until 6/5 to start bidding again.

On 6/5, first bid of $76 was rejected; no counter offer but displayed other hotel choices in the A/C area.

1. Re-bid $96 – rejected; no counter offer but displayed other 2 hotel choices in Cape May (Chalfonte $163 or Virginian $209).

2. Added Vineland to re-bid of $106 - rejected; no counter offer but displayed same other 2 hotel choices.

3. Added Somers Point to re-bid of $116 - rejected; no counter offer but displayed same other 2 hotel choices.

4. Added A/C West to re-bid of $125 - - rejected; no counter offer but displayed same other 2 hotel choices.

I thought I would be eligible for my next bidding session 6/8; however, I received an email on 6/7 saying I can bid now.

Any advice is appreciated.

Congress Hall is listed as the only 3.5* hotel in Cape May at this time.

See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List... there could be others. Are you able to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone at the 3.5* level? (or are you restricting your geographic boundaries to Cape May only if you have to lower your star rating?)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

NOTE: the lock-out period between hotel bids is now 24 hours... it was lowed from the previous 72 hours over a year or so ago

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. Yes, I understand that the list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline could offer in that area but ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported... but I am willing to take that risk for a 3.5* hotel. I'd only take Cape May if less than 3.5*; we've stayed in Somers Point area in the past and I wasn't comfortable with the comfort level/security of the area that lesser star hotels could be located in. So, that means, I'm not willing to lower my star rating b'c I'm not comfortable with where I could end up when adding other hotel areas. Will definitely go through your links now that I've found ya! ;-)

Well it appears that you have already bid up to your maximum bid at the 3.5* level in Cape May so there isn't much more you can do then to book a cancellable backup and continue to try.

However, you can often undercut PRICELINE's counter-offer, so if you're willing to increase your bids a bit more ($130, $135, or $140) it's possible that you can be successful at these amounts as well... PRICELINE will usually accept an amount lower than their couner-offer.

Keep us update and let us know if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for your help. I will make a cancellable back and will continue to try. Today's try (using the link you provided) -

On 6/9, first bid of $106 was rejected; no counter offer but displayed other hotel choices in the A/C area.

1. Added A/C West to re-bid of $116 - - rejected; no counter offer but displayed other hotel choices.

2. Added Vineland to re-bid of $121 - rejected; no counter offer but displayed other hotel choices.

3. Added Somers Point to re-bid of $126 - rejected; no counter offer but displayed other hotel choices.

Out of free re-bids and out of money (well at my limit) for today; will try again every 24 hours (or so) until check-in date and see if I get lucky. What is interesting to note is that they are no longer offering me the "counter-offer" deal like they did on 6/2. Perhaps they're anticipating a better summer weekend than originally expected.

What is interesting to note is that they are no longer offering me the "counter-offer" deal like they did on 6/2. Perhaps they're anticipating a better summer weekend than originally expected.

There doesn't seem to be too much rhyme or reason as to when the counter-offers are given... the fact that they're no longer countering may not mean anything OR it could mean that the hotel that was avialable at that price has either sold the inventory alloted to PRICELINE, raised the price of that inventory, or pulled that inventory. Bottomline is that it could mean nothing or it could be that the inventory is no longer available.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bidding.

thx I appreciate it. Um, I did give up on getting a price via Priceline for this stay b'c unfortunately most motels in Cape May only book ressies that are non-refundable so I bit the bullet and committed. However, I'll be back in that area next month so will try again about the 1st week in July for a stay on 7/16 using your portal. thanks for the advice. stay tuned for next month...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]