Hotwire Hotel: Need Help Identifying 4* Mount Pleasant/Isle of Palms (Charleston)

RobD
By RobD,
in

Full amenities listed include:

Resort

Beachfront

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

restaurant(s)

business center

High Speed Internet Access

Golf nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Childrens Activity Program

It's listed at $284/night from 8/2-6. The highest rated hotel I see listed for Isle of Palms here is a 3.5* Charleston Harbor Resort.

any ideas? Thanks so much for any help!

RobD

Welcome to the site. :)

This property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. I initially thought it was the Wild Dunes, but that's apparently not within HOTWIRE's definition of this zone.

Still, do you really want a $284 reservation? There are many options that are FAR cheaper in Charleston on these dates. Even the Wild Dunes Resort (which is in the Isle of Palms area but apparently not within HOTWIRE's zoning of it) is $223 on Orbitz. There's not one regular rate property on Orbitz.com that isn't under $284 on these dates, so I certainly wouldn't recommend spending $284 when there are cheaper options. If you go the Orbitz route, the deal0hotel coupon code should take 10% off most hotels.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE (or Orbitz.com) links to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes.

Actually, I do believe it is the Wild Dunes Resort. I bid and won the property earlier this year and it is the only propoerty in the area that would match that description. Granted, you can find the cheaper prices - as the other poster mentioned.....but I'm pretty sure the 4* property described is the Boardwalk Hotel at Wild Dunes.

One more tip - if you are willing to wait to book - the prices at the Boardwalk Inn do tend to go down as you get closer to the date. I checked rates for next week (Sun-Thurs) and it's coming up at $132/night.

I just registered to use Better Bidding so I could share a recent booking. I booked through PRICELINE for a 4 star in Isle of Palms on June 28- July 2. I bid $105 and we are staying at the Wild Dunes Resort in the Boadwalk Inn. I tried to make our reservation starting on Sat. but didn't get it.Now I am looking to stay in Charlston for that Sat. I will book through the PRICELINE link at Better Bidding this time !

I think one of the "isues" here is that Google has the wrong address for this property... searching for "Charleston Wild Dunes" shows a location of 63 Smith St which is in the Downtown zone... while the hotel's website puts its location at 5757 Palm Boulevard, which is indeed in this HOTWIRE zone.

sleeplessinsolon, can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC, and include the date(s) of your stay so that we can enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]