Priceline Hotel: When is the best time to go to Hawaii(price)?

mr.drew
By mr.drew,
in

I don't know if this is a general forum also, but I have a question on rates during different times of the year.

I would like to go to Hawaii again next summer(2005) between June and Sept sometime. Which of these months is the least expensive for hotels, specifically Waikiki in Oahu.

I have been to Waikiki twice(both Priceline), and stayed at the Sheraton Princess each time for about $65 a night or so, and my wife would like to stay in that same area again.

Might all these months be near the same price?

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I am new here but thought I would respond to your post since I just returned from Hawaii and already can't wait to go back!

Unfortunately summer is the busiest/most expensive time to visit Hawaii (aside from Christmas) but you can beat the crowds and the high prices by going at the beginning or end of summer. Rates generally go up around June 15th and come back down around Labor Day to Sept. 15th. Watch the price of airfare as the hotel rates will generally follow suit.

If you can wait until the end of Sept/Oct I would HIGHLY recommend that time. Rates are low and the weather is still fantastic. Come Nov you might hit rain (we just did). Also May/beg June is excellent.

Hope this helps. if you have any other questions please feel free to post here or contact me through this website.

Good Luck,

Heidi

Hi Hedi,

By looking at the accepted bidding prices on this site, I've have to say that the most expensive time to go is Winter time, especially the President's Week. I just booked that week, the airfare and hotel are at it's highest I've seen on this site. For ex. my Waikik Beachcomber would of cost anywhere from $35-$55 would cause $70 during this week. Hope this help...........

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]