Priceline Hotel: Wanted Marriot NMA 6-18

DewChugr
By DewChugr,
in

Newbie here, I am going to be in town with teenage daughter 6-18 and I would really like to stay at the Marriot on Michigan. Is there any chance of getting a room there? What would be a good rate? Also, I'll be driving, is my best option the parking on-site or is there a public garage nearby that would be an option?

Thanks

Welcome to the site.

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are excellent for getting a discount at *a* hotel, they are not good for trying to get a particular hotel, as one doesn't have control over exactly where they stay with either service and the hotel is not confirmed until after purchase. The Marriott in question has rarely appeared on PRICELINE, and I don't believe it has ever appeared on HOTWIRE.

Would you be willing to accept a different hotel than the Marriott?

What are your date/s of travel and max budget per night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was afraid of, which answers my question about getting the Westin in Itasca at some point. I like that hotel and is convenient for other trips I make to that area. I'd like to stay there, but don't have to. My daughters bff's aunt is the head bakery chef there.

I'd like to keep it to around 75 if possible since I will be paying for parking. It looks like a lot of people have been getting the Hyatt by the river. I have to be in the downtown area on the 18th and 19th of June with a trip to drop the wife at Midway late the 18th. I'll probably take the daughter to the Field museum, Lincoln Park Zoo or MA shopping.

Thanks again

Sounds good - let me check to see what's available.

HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Loop area with fitness, business, internet and pool for $79, which would likely be the Palmer House.

What would appear to be the Hyatt is showing on HOTWIRE for $95; if you wanted to try and low-ball a bid for it, I would recommend starting at $57 for a 4* in the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park area on PRICELINE. While a different hotel may accept that bid, the Hyatt is most likely to accept if that bid were to be accepted.

I would suggest staying in the 'burbs to avoid the high parking rates and get a reasonable rate for a comparable property, but not sure if you'd want to do that with a brief stay.

Please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]