Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Crowne Plaza UN

traveler4ever
By traveler4ever,
in

Hi I am attempting to bid in MTE/MTW, i bid up to 140 for 3* no luck, I now realize i need to bid much higher in 72hrs.

I dont know what areas other than MTE/MTW and CP to bid...Never been to NY but want to be in the heart of it all. seems like many hotels are sold out.

Should I bid 4* then 3*? the following are rates ive found by researching

thanks for any help.

MTW

4*

Hilton Times Square - $279

Marriott NY Marquis $349

HiltonTimes Sq- Not Available

Sheraton Towesrs $289

3*

Warwick N/A

Paramount $292

Sheraton Manhattan $289

MTE

Hyatt Grand $385

Millenium Not available

Waldorf Astoria - $329.

Intercontinental The Barkley - $299.

3*

Metropolitan $239

Marriott East Side: N/A

Raddisson East Side $251

Crowne Plaza $235

What dates are you looking for? What is your budget per nite? You didn't give much info.

I feel that the UM/CPS area is the best in NYC, and then MTE, which has hotels like the Grand Hyatt, Waldorf, Radisson Lexington, and Marriott Eastside.. among others.

MTW is in the heart of things, covering the Times Square area, and has some nice hotels.

What are your dates and budget?

Well, I will assume you don't have an unlimited budget, so we will keep it simple and cap it at $185 for now, since you have some time still.

Start a new bid, select UM/CPS and 4 stars at $185(if in your budget). I feel that this is the best area, so trying to be here is worth the shot...

If rejected, then add 3 star level, still in UM/CPS, and change bid down to $148.

See if this gets you the Park Central.. if not, then start a new bid at 4 stars in MTE for $160, if rejected, add MTW and raise to $170, and if rejected add UM CPS and raise to $180 and see if anything is accepted. If you are willing to stay at any 3 star in these 3 areas, then if all the 4 stars are rejected in the new request, then you can add the 3 star level and lower the bid to $155.

No need to worry if rejected at this point, since you have about 2 more weeks and can try again after 3 days and raise the prices a bit if you need to..

Good luck. FYI, I stayed in the Park Central(3 star) in the UM/CPS area, and had a great time with my wife. This was Sept 24th thru the 28th. You can walk to Central Park and Times Square in no time.

If you haven't tried 4 stars yet, you can start a new request at 4 stars, then add 3 stars to that bid.

Thereuare is the NYC guru, but I am guessing that if you select 4 star in UM/CPS at $185(probably not going to be accepted, but who knows), then go down to 3 stars and lower the bid to $150, you may get the Park Central, if that is ok with you.

If you haven't tried 4 stars yet, you can start a new request at 4 stars, then add 3 stars to that bid.

This user has already bid for 3* properties (in the first post, on 10/7)... therefore bidding the same zones for 4* inside of 72 hours will be automatically rejected as a duplicate bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You might want to try to book the Comfort Inn Midtown through their website just as a backdoor. It is supposed to be a pretty nice hotel and right now it is $161/nt. That is what I have done in prep for a vacation over 11/18-11/21. It seems the rates are really high right now for NYC. Also, I think the Park Central is up on hotwire for like $164 or something close to that. Please post how you come out b/c I am searching the same areas.

To clarify your win.... your post above shows your success for August, but i assume this is actually for Octoboer as mentioned in your title?

Also, is this the Crowne Plaza Times Square (in the Priceline MTW zone) rather than the Crowne Plaza near the UN?

Here are some REVIEWS.

Are you still looking for an additional nite or did you just shift your plans by one day?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok so for the 23rd, I used lastminutetravel.com and chose Novotel for $269 (hope i made the right choice) other option was the millenium un for $259.

Bid on PL up to $255 for 4* and 3* with nothing! I've even called many many hotels and everything is SOLD OUT! as a back up, had reserved the sheraton for $299

Seeing other successful bids for the other weekends makes me feel like im getting ripped off! ahhh

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]