Priceline Hotel: 4* hotel at OQE in Paris, bidding advice needed!!

saboten
By saboten,
in

I have been bidding for OQE and OQW for June 17-21 everyday for about a week now but still no success.

Zone: OQE (preferred) or OQW

Duration: Jun 17-21

Rack rate:

Ambassador (OQE) 310euro (usd443)

Millennium (OQE) 400euro (usd572)

Hotel du Louvre (OQE) 365euro (usd522)

Le M

I'd advise that you book a cancellable backup hotel that you can live with, as you are coming up to these dates and you don't want to be left without a room.

June tends to be an expensive month for business hotels in Paris, so it's quite likely that the great rates you see for other posters may not be applicable in your case. Are you willing to consider the Latin Quarter - Montparnasse zone?

Novotel Les Halles also is ~450usd. I bid up to 180 but still no success, counter off of $313.

followed your suggestion I checked the daily rate, for Ambassador Hotel, the room rates are 360euro 6/17-6/19, and 192euro for 6/20-21.

It appears that the weekday rate is higher than weekend.

same for Le M

If you SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID what which zone(s) would you be willing to bid and what would be your maximum bid for each leg of your stay?

Would you want to bid secure the least expensive nites first so you know exactly what those nites will cost and then can adjust your maximum bid for the more expensive nites upward... or do you prefer to go for the more expensive nites first since these will be the more difficult bid?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had forgotten about this, but I think the likely reason rates are so high for most of your stay is because of the very popular Paris Air Show.

So I`ll just reiterate again. Please book a backup room somewhere, because the situation is quite unlikely to get any better for the expensive dates of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]