Hotwire Hotel: 4* St Louis (Downtown) Hilton at the Ballpark

wed100105
By wed100105,
in

Hi,

We (my DH, 1 year-old daughter, and myself - 2 Adults, 0 children since she sleeps in the pack and play) are searching on Hotwire for the Chesterfield area for July 16-18, 2009. So far, two hotels came up. Can you please help me identify them?

3.5 Stars -- Chesterfield Area $54 each night.

Amenities: non smoking, fitness, restaurant, pool, business center, wi-fi

3 Stars- Chesterfield Area $56

Amenities: fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry, wi-fi, golf

Any help is very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The 3.5* is a match for the Marriott St Loius West while the 3* is a match for the Hilton Garden Inn, so that would be our best guess for each.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

We're looking at July 3-5 at downtown St. Louis. Hotwire pulled the following:

4.0 stars

HotPrice: $65

per room per night

4-star hotel in Downtown St. Louis

*FITNESS

*POOL

*RESTAURANT

*BUSINESS

*LAUNDRY

*HIGH SPEED INTERNET

*GOLF

How do you know how much parking is?

THanks,

Nicole

It was Hilton at the Ballpark! I'm so excited because I thought that it would be the Hyatt. By the way, the Hyatt no longer has a pool. I called Hotwire and they told me that if you book the Hyatt and it showed a pool, that they will refund it and rebook at a different hotel.

Here are our trip details.

Check-in Friday, July 3 for two nights in two rooms.

Hotel

Hotwire hot Rate:

$260.00

Tax recovery charges and fees:

silkHotTaxesAndFees:$50.25

Total price:

HotTotalPrice:$310.25

Personally, I can't get over that we got two rooms with a Friday and Saturday night stay at the Hilton in Downtown St. Louis for such a steal! Hilton's best rate came out to $499.80 for the rooms and taxes. We saved $180!!! I hope the hotel is better than the reviews on Tripadvisor....maybe it won't be such a steal after all!

Thanks for all the help!

Nicole

Congratulations on your success and glad the hotel was in fact the Hilton @ the Ballpark. Certainly an incredible discount off regular rate - maybe the Cardinals were out of town on these dates so the hotel wasn't as busy with people coming in for the game at the nearby ballpark?

While the reviews are a bit mixed, the hotel is ranked #22 out of 101 in St Louis on Tripadvisor, which leaves it ahead of an awful lot of other properties in the area.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks! I was just shocked that the price was so low over the Fourth of July holiday because the St. Louis Fair is going on downtown. I'm hoping the ratings are actually a little higher. It looks like they recently remodeled. Maybe the old ratings are affecting their score. Still...for $77.50 (plus parking) I hope it was a good buy! There is a game on the 2nd, but unfortunately not the 3rd or 4th.

Thank you for sharing the information regarding the Hyatt, although I'm a little surprised that HOTWIRE would share that.

I don't think the conversation was "If you win the Hyatt i'll refund your purchase" but rather "If you buy a hotel with a pool icon and the hotel doesn't have a pool then we will give you the option of a refund" (which is standard protocol, but for anyone following along, this does not mean that if the pool is closed for seasonal or maintenance reasons that they will give you a refund)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's exactly right. It didn't have to do with the Hyatt brand...It was simply that they have removed their pool and it is no longer available. I saw on this website that the amenities shown were also the amenities for the Hyatt, so I wanted to make sure that if I ended up with the Hyatt in St. Louis that no longer has a pool, that I would have some sort of recourse. It could have been any hotel.

As a side note, I was thrilled about the Hilton until I read some of the reviews. I called down there to request king beds in the rooms and they were very rude to me when I requested it. She said, "Oh, you booked through Hotwire." Have you noticed that you get a different level of treatment? I ended up calling Hotwire and the very nice customer service person called them and put in the request. I'm probably rooming in the broiler room!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]