Priceline Hotel: 5 * Venice Italy June 26th through June 29th

MRGG
By MRGG,
in

Need some help on what to bid for 5* for Venice hotel.

We need 2 rooms for a family vacation - tryed yesterday at $165 and got nowhere. The 5* Hilton Hotel web site is asking $475 USD

This is a once in a lifetime trip to Italy and I will also be posting other stops in Italy.

Thanks for the help!!! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The other 'known' 5* hotel in this zone is the Boscolo Grand Dei Dogi Hotel... what is the current rate for this properyt for your dates?

Based upon the rate for this property, and the Hilton's $475/nite rate, what would be your maximum bid that you'd be willing to spend on a 5* hotel for this leg of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

They came and back and said they could not do it. After 24 hours I tryed $220 and then expanded the area and retried at $230. Both offers were rejected.

This is a lot of money for us as we need two rooms and Venice is the place we have picked to renew our vows. On the other hand we did get Rome, see that post. Still need Florence and something in the Tuscany area --- any ideas on a rental car in Europe?

Thanks for your help and this GREAT website!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried looking at HOTWIRE? Because I see a 4.5 star hotel with a ton of ammenity in the main island of Venice. I suspect it is Molino Stucky Hilton Venice Hotel based on previous wins with hotels with the same ammenitys. Also, they seem to have a lot of priceline wins.

Once I finalize my dates, I will post my winning bid on this site (probably within a day or two).

Good luck!

If that Hotwire hotel was for the same date for two rooms, it isn't available now (just checked). In fact, Hotwire offered no hotels in the main island of Venice for June 26-29.

Do you have a backup booking? That would be my main concern right now, as Venice is an extremely popular city right around now, particularly on weekends like your stay is.

If you think a 4* would be okay, the Hotel Ai Mori D Oriente is available on Travelocity for your dates, and it has very good reviews. The total rate is less than $200 USD/room. (It might be available cheaper some other way - I don't know.) Check HotelsCombined.com - it has some offers that are very good value, like the Sofitel for 180 Euros per night.

Boscolo Hotel Dei Dogi is 182 Euros per night through GTA Hotels.com (obviously much better than the website).

If you think a 4* would be okay, the Hotel Ai Mori D Oriente is available on Travelocity for your dates, and it has very good reviews. The total rate is less than $200 USD/room. (It might be available cheaper some other way - I don't know.)
Not sure if the $200/nite above was the "all-in" rate, but Expedia has this property for $200/nite, includes breakfast, and apply code 10JUN for $10 off per nite, if that works for your needs (or find another hotel there to use the code on)

There is also an Orbitz code, deal0hotel, which has been bringing the cost of many hotels down as well.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or Expedia or Orbitz)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]