Priceline Hotel: Trying for Wyland - now Marriott Courtyard

zonie71
By zonie71,
in

Is there anyway to try for the Marriott Courtyard for $80? August 1 - 5, 2009

Also, Marriott JUST recently (within the week) officially made the name/brand change. How will the "computer" know which hotel I'm trying for?

It is funny... many hotel reservation sites STILL have the hotel listed as Wyland. Marriott announced back in February 2009 that they were going to re-brand the hotel. It is my understanding that this took place officially within the past week... perhaps even today - as it is June 1.

Suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Regardless of the name change, you can't bid for, not target, a specific hotel when using PRICELINE... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) you select. If there are hotels you're trying to target, or avoid, HOTWIRE can be a better option if you're able to identify the property before your purchase based upon the amenities and any other clues HOTWIRE may give. If you must have a specific property then PRICELINE / HOTWIRE may not be the best option.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you see the listing HERE this property is currently rated 3.5* by PRICELINE and after clicking this previous link, you can get a map view of this property... comparing the location on the map to that of the PRICELINE zone for this area it appears to be in the Waikiki City Center zone, but you should check this for yourself and confirm.

I will add that if you have your heart set on this property, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment if you won't be happy with a different hotel in this area.

On HOTWIRE this property still appears as the Wyland Waikiki and i believe is available thru HOTWIRE for $93/nite, but after the HOTWIRE fee doesn't seem worthwhile vs. the $109/nite rate you can book and know exactly what you're getting.

If you want to proceed and would like a suggested bidding strategy, let us know your maximum bid for a 3.5* in this zone and we'll advise accordingly (i wasn't sure if $80 was merely what you were hoping for or if that was your limit)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

This property has not yet been identified... we don't see too many users looking in this area. A guess would be the ALA MOANA HOTEL, but i think you really want to be east of this zone if you're looking to be "in" waikiki.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.
2x
... we want all posts pertaining to this same stay to remain in this thread.

The 3.5* is a match for the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel while the 3* is a match for the Doubletree so that would be our best guess for each.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The Sheraton Waikiki is a resort-level hotel that is right on the beach. It has a very nice pool area, and very nice pool access. Parking is a pretty standard $20 per night. I just returned from 9 days there, and was very happy. Also, many people are getting good PRICELINE rates right now at the Sheraton. There is some construction going on nearby and at the hotel, but it never bothered me.

The Prince Kuhio is also in the Waikiki area, but is not on the beach. It is on Kuhio Avenue, so you have to walk a block or so to get to the beach. Personally, I would stay at the Sheraton. Every morning you can go down and grab a lounge chair and lay next to the pool watching the ocean next to the beach.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]