luvabargain
By luvabargain,
in

Airline Ticket Cost: $255.90 per ticket

Airline Ticket Taxes and Fees: $49.85 per ticket

Total cost per ticket: $305

4 tickets purchased

Connecting flight in SLC

I put in a bid for $350 before taxes and it counter offered me the deal above if I would accept coming back on the 13th (I bid for the 14th) and accepting a 4 hour layover (it's actually 3.5). I snatched it up quick.

Here's the deal:

We weren't sure if we were going or not, because my husband took so long to accept the days that he'd requested (their bid for vacation dates is set up weird). Anyway, last week I'd found tickets for $239 but he wanted me to hold off b/c he wasn't 100% sure about the dates. When we were sure, I tried again, and the cheapest I could find was $400 through Priceline (including taxes/fees) this was through their regular prices. I tried bidding all sorts of bids, but only got one counter offer for another airport that wasn't a deal at all when you included the gas to get there. The reason things went up I believe is b/c we were closer than 10 days out, so I've been trying and trying to find better deals, b/c in the past if I wait long enough I can snatch up some last minute deals, although I've never done that with 4 tickets - not so easy trying to get 4. This morning when I tried, the prices had gone up to $610! That was through Priceline, and believe me, I have searched every other site including direct through all the airlines, and there are no deals, at least not yet. For the past week I've been checking and adjusting the dates also, as we are flexible in leaving a day before or after or coming home a day before. I tried the return trip a day prior and Priceline came up with a deal for $381 per ticket (total) if I were to book a car rental, and this included the car rental. I was relieved, b/c that was under the $400 I thought we were going to have to pay yesterday, plus a car rental thrown in which we need. I booked that only to be told it had changed and they would no longer accept it. Bummer. I tried bidding one more time to see if I could at least get close to the $400 I would have had to pay this past week, and that's when I got the deal above. Turned out great, I saved $380 from what I would have had to pay yesterday, and saved at least 50% of what all the airlines and agencies were offering today.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]