I need help Priceline did NOT refund all money promised

cjfoster21
By cjfoster21,
in

Is there anyone that can assist me? I have called and spoke to 3 different people that all admit I was charged the cancelation fee TWICE, but they won't refund the money. I booked 4 round trip tickets from Atlanta to San Fransico last minute and the day we were supposed to leave and had a sereve panic attack. I went to the ER. Once I gathered myself, I called Priceline and they called the hospital to confirm that I was there. Here is what I received via email from them.

1. Your original airline ticket request has been cancelled. Your account will be

refunded the amount of the original charge minus the noted amounts. All refunds

will be posted to your credit card account within 10 business days. A breakdown

of these transactions is as follows:

Original Charge Amount: $1,557.00

Non-refundable Processing Fee: -$29.80

Cancellation Fee: -$400.00

Non-refundable Shipping Fee: -$0.00

Travel Insurance: -$0.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Refunded Amount: $1,127.20

I checked my account today, 05/29/2009 and they only refunded me $727.20. I knew instantly what happened. They charged me the Cancellation Fee twice. I called Priceline and after 10 minutes of trying to explain what happened, I was disconnected. I called back and spoke to a girl who was probably 18 and she had no clue as to what she was doing and put me on hold about 5 times. Finally she figures out what happened and she said they system charged the cancellation price twice, but there's nothing she can do...then became frustrated and said if "You need need to take it further, then do it". Are you kidding me??

Then I hung up on her. While we were on the phone, the first Customer Care Agent I was disconnected with called back and left a message and said, please call us back, I know what happened, you were charged the cancellation fee twice. I SAVED THE MESASGE. So I called back and then that Rep said send some email to whom ever and they will straighten this out. I'm reading all over the net the Priceline is a horrible company and that they are crooked. All of this for $400? This money is due back to me and I need to make sure that I get it.

Please help!

I'm assuming that your airline tix were non-refundable and PRICELINE is refunding you for the price you paid, less a cancellation fee, so not sure why you call them a 'horrible and crooked company'... they're actually do more than they need to. :)

the first Customer Care Agent I was disconnected with called back and left a message and said, please call us back, I know what happened, you were charged the cancellation fee twice. I SAVED THE MESASGE. So I called back and then that Rep said send some email to whom ever and they will straighten this out.
So did you email the person you were told to send the information to?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Go to PRICELINE web site. At the bottom select Investor Relations. That will get you to another list. Choose Management. There is an option to choose 'customer complaints'. Email your situation and, hopefully, someone will reply via email. If you are not satisfied with the reply, there may be a contact person/number to call. I hope this helps you. Please let me know the results.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]