Priceline Hotel: 3* Doubletree Hotel Downtown Charlotte

jeaniere
By jeaniere,
in

I was looking for a 3* in Downtown Charlotte for April 29-May 1 for 2 rooms. I started out with $38.00 and was rejected, I rebid adding Independence and bid $41.00 and was rejected, I added another rebid of Mathews and bid $45.00 and was accepted. The Doubletree's website listed the cheapest rooms as $116.00. The way I calculated I paid about the same as Priceline. Thanks for having such a wonderful website.

I don't understand your comment as priceline upgrading us to 4*. I thought the Doubletree was a 3*. This is second time this week to bid and get such a wonderful price. This bid is for my husband and a person who works for him. We own a business in Indiana and he was so impressed by my bid for our cruise in September he let me try for him. Now he really is impressed by the $45.00 bid for such a nice place. He said after he gets back and everything works out great he will let me do this for all of his business trips. Thanks for your great site.

I assumed it was a 3*, but i just wanted to confirm.

To clarify my comment further with a ficticious example... if you bid a 3* hotel for $50 and Priceline can't find any, BUT they have a 4* hotel available at $50, they can upgrade you to the 4* hotel and accept your bid. This is why when you bid at any given star level, you're actually bidding for that quality level and higher.

Glad to have introduced you to the Priceline 'game', and looking forward to seeing your future winning bids!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]