Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Westin Canal Place

GreytRacer
By GreytRacer,
in

Searching HOTWIRE for your dates i see a 3* hotel in the FQ with different amenities than above... are you still seeing the property above on your own search? If so, are you searching for more than one room OR for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I asked because you only seem to be focussing on the French Quarter, and while you know your needs better than i do, it's usually not necessary to stay directly in the FQ to get a "new orleans' experience. There are plenty of hotels in the adjacent zones which are just outside the French Quarter and may work just as well for your plans while also providing a better value.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

After watching HOTWIRE, I decided to change directions and go with PRICELINE. Got the Westin New Orleans Canal Place, 2 rooms for 2 nights, for $79 per night per room. Their website is showing $149 per night for our dates.

I bid $75 for a 4 star in the French Quarter. Bid was denied, but was offered a free bid if I increased by $22. I declined and rebid (added in New Orleans East-no 4 stars) at $79 and was accepted. The nights of the stay are August 6 - 8, 2009.

Perhaps you'll want to copy this post over to the Priceline area? And yes, I used the PRICELINE link. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]