Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Andaz West Hollywood

eyewitness
By eyewitness,
in

Hi, wondering if anyone has been able to book 4* hotels in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood & Hollywood during June 14-18?

I started by bidding at $101 hoping to get the Andaz like some others in the forum.

No Luck, and after repeated biddings finally went up to $110, with still no hits.

Checked the Andaz hotel site and there are rooms available on those dates.

$110 is my max and I will not be willing to bid higher than that (and run the chance of getting another hotel like the Hyatt Century Plaza which is too far from Sunset Strip/Hollywood).

Has anyone else managed to get a 4* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood & Hollywood for June 14-18?

Advice is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding, eyewitness.

HOTWIRE has a 4* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood for $126. It looks like the Avalon Beverly Hills.

Boutique, Smokefree, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Highspeed.

PRICELINE will usually beat HOTWIRE on price, so you're probably within a few dollars of a win at $110. Can you go $115? If not all you can do is wait and see if prices come down, or try for a 3.5*.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Hi Colfax,

Thanks for the reply. $126 or even $115 (as opposed to $100) is going to burst my budget by quite a bit as I'm staying 4 nights.

Think I'll wait it out and see if others have better luck on this board and as a last resort, change to downtown.

But I'm hoping something works out for a 4* Beverly Hills-West Hollywood or Hollywood. (c'mon Andaz!)

Oh and I forgot to add in my first post that I used the PRICELINE link from this forum to place my previous bids because hey, if I saved money from information provided by this forum the only decent thing to do would be to support it by using the link.

Checking the Priceline Calendar of Wins I don't find any 4* BH-WH wins for your dates yet. But someone won the 3* Grafton on Sunset for $80 on June 15. That seems like the location you want.

Whether you bid 4* or 3.5* or 3* you might or might not end up near Sunset. Beverly Hills-West Hollywood is a large zone with many hotels.

Are you willing to split your bid? It's possible that a 4* has given Priceline inventory for 2 or 3 nights but not all 4.

Or split your bid as a budget saver? If you could get two nights accepted at a 3* for $70's or $80 then you could bid to $120 for a 4* the other two nights and still maintain your $100/night budget.

I have tried splitting the bid by booking just 2 nights first (14-15 June) @ $100 and then $110 but didn't get any hits for 4* Beverly Hills-West Hollywood.

Changing between 2 hotels like you advised might be an option worth looking into, going to see if I can pack in an additional 'check-in/check out' + commute time into my already packed schedule.

Thanks and I'll go take a look at the 3* Grafton also.

You've still got time before June 14-18, so you don't have to split this soon. Unless you're eager to settle this now I think you might win all four nights at one 4* for $110 or less closer to your dates. You can try again every 24 hours. And keep checking HOTWIRE to see if a hotel near Sunset shows up.

Oh my goodness. I got impatient and put in a $115 bid for Hollywood & Beverly Hills-West Hollywood for a 4* and got....nothing.

This is incredible. I'm this close to getting a 4* Downtown for $80 instead and save $140+taxes on 4 nights.

Is anybody getting wins in Hollywood/Beverly Hills for a 4* in June or is it just me?

If you enter "Beverly Hills" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board you'll quickly see all reported wins for this area and be able to see for what dates other have recently won.

Here is a June win thru HOTWIRE for the nite before your arrival: Le Montrose Suites at $119

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$110 is my max and I will not be willing to bid higher than that (and run the chance of getting another hotel like the Hyatt Century Plaza which is too far from Sunset Strip/Hollywood).
I'm this close to getting a 4* Downtown for $80 instead and save $140+taxes on 4 nights.
What's more important to you, being near Sunset Strip or staying at a 4*, wherever it's located?

A 4* Downtown costs less than a 4* in BH-WH or Hollywood but there's not a lot to do Downtown and the Metro doesn't go as far as West Hollywood. If you plan to spend a lot of time in Hollywood/Sunset area it seems like a 3.5* or 3* in that area---whatever you can afford----would be more convenient than staying Downtown. Even if you win a hotel in the Century City area of the BH-WH zone that would be closer to Andaz than Downtown is.

I have tried splitting the bid by booking just 2 nights first (14-15 June) @ $100 and then $110 but didn't get any hits for 4* Beverly Hills-West Hollywood.
How about bidding for the last two nights then? What about including Hollywood zone when you split your bid, since you included Hollywood zone when you bid for all four nights?

Thanks for the tip about the Metro! First time in LA and I 'assumed' that the metro did go to W Hollywood.

I'm planning to spend a full day each at Hollywood and Downtown. But yes you are right about the convenience as Downtown is more to one side while BH-WH is more in the middle of everything.

I also tried bidding the las 2 nights and Hollywood was included when I split my bits. Bid till $110.

Think I'll wait it out. Itchy fingers got the better of me. :) And someone just got the Le Montrose Suites through PRICELINE for 13 June for $100. Will update!

I'm surprised $110 for 4* was rejected for both two-night sets, eyewitness, because rates aren't especially high for your dates. I'd repeat to $110 every 24 hours, as I think you have a good chance of acceptance in the next week or so.

Will you have a car on this trip? Since this is your first time to LA and you're watching a budget I'll mention that most hotels in LA charge for parking, usually around $20-40/night in the zones you're bidding.

FINALLY!

Bid at $100 per night for Beverly Hills-West Hollywood, added Hollywood for 14 June to 18 June.

Got Andaz West Hollywood! My first choice!

Thanks to all esp Colfax for helping me out. Much appreciated.

Used PRICELINE of course!

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $100.00

Subtotal: $400.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $68.73

Total Charges*: $468.73

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you were ultimately successful and won at a price lower than you have previously bid! Glad you're happy with the results and your plans are now all set.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]