Priceline Hotel: Phoenix bidding tips (10/15 - 10/19)

sachiko
By sachiko,
in

I've seen a lot of people getting the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs for $55-$60 a night. I am of course using the PRICELINE link for my bids.

I did my first rounds of bidding today without any success. Any tips or just keep trying? Here is what I did today:

$50

$53 + add zone

$55 + add zone

$57 + add zone

Close browser

$59

$60 + add zone

$61 + add zone

$62 + add zone

Keep in mind that rates are date specific - what other people got for other dates does not apply. If there is something going on on these dates, rates will be higher. What is your max budget per night for hotel?

I'm seeing a 4* in the Scottsdale area on HOTWIRE for $59 for these dates. Would that be of interest?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

The Scottsdale property is showing:

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Golf, Tennis

This is a match for the Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas so that would be our best guess... do you want to go for this HOTWIRE offering or try bidding further? If you'd like to continue to bid, please let us know the zone(s) you're willing to accept and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the Resort level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort North Scottsdale...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $64, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $66, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! I tried again today using this and didn't have any luck up to $70. I'll try again tomorrow. :)
Do you intend to keep your maximum bid at $70 or raise it?
I'm suprised! Hilton Tapatio just accepted a $55 bid for us on 5/21 for 2 nights starting 5/23 - we had a blast!
Not really surprising as rates are date specific, so rates for your dates may have been less than current rates for the dates above. As well, the hotel had a very good idea of occupancy levels for your dates and only had 2 days to try to sell the room when you bid... whereas they have nearly 5 months for the dates above and the true demand/occupancy for those dates is not very well known at this time.

Do you intend to keep your maximum bid at $70 or raise it?

For a little while, I've got time on my hands to keep trying since we don't travel to October. Thanks for your bidding strategy, I'll keep trying it every 24 hours and report back what we end up doing. :)

If you're going to keep your maximum bid the same, I'd recommend only bidding twice a week at this point... inventory isn't likely going to change that frequently this far ahead of your stay and bidding every 24 hours will likely be frustrating and 'burn you out'.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update that I'm still trying (only doing it a few times a week). I have yet to get a bid accepted but I haven't upped my max bid yet. Still plenty of time. :)

I noticed that Peoria/Glendale/Sun City has a 4* listed, does anyone know what it is?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]