Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton NY

L1A7427
By L1A7427,
in

I have never bid on priceline before and am really interested in doing so for my next trip to NYC. I am only staying one night (Thursday October 21st)...I'd like to stay in the Hilton, Marriot Marquis, Westin or like. Any advise on how much I should bid on that area (4*) for that night???

Thanks in advance!!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't specificy a specific hotel with priceline... only the star rating and zone. All of the hotels you listed are rated 4* and are in the Midtown West (MTW) zone. Take a look at the PRICELINE NEW YORK hotel list and let us know if you'd be willng to accept any 4* hotel in that zone (or perhaps a new 4* hotel that has not yet been reported). If so let us know and we'll be happy to suggest a strategy.

Is MTW the only zone that you are willing to stay in? Usually the more zones you can accept the more likely you are to get a great deal. To help get the best deal you will also want to read and understand PRICELINE RE-BIDDING. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Do you currently have a back-up reservation that you are trying to beat? (if so, where and how much?) Do you have a maximum bid in mind?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From your comments i think any 4* hotel in the midtown area is fine with you? If not post back with a clarification, if so, here are my thoughts:

I believe you can be successful near/under $200/nite, but we will try lower first since you have some time to try again if at first you're not successful. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read the link in the post above and ask any questions that you may have in order to avoid any mistakes (or just confirm your re-bid zones, of which there are two when bidding 4* in NYC, with the board if you want to make sure).

Select 4* NYC and MTW and....

Bid $120, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $130, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone#1 and...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone#2 and...

Bid $160.

Let us know how the above goes. If rejected we'll adjust the bid amounts for you to try again in 72 hours. I believe the above prices are somewhat 'low-balling' for this time of year, but they're worth a shot.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]