Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea-Makena) Wailea Marriott

nic31h
By nic31h,
in

im trying to win a resort in Maui in the Wailea area for one night on the 7/12-7/13. I have unsuccessfully tried bidding $105 (started from $95 with $5 increments) but have had no luck..

any got any suggestions?

I have the 2 free rebid areas Kihei and Kahului but can i also add 4* or any other star rating as there are no 4 star hotels for any of these areas?

hi yes i did last night sorry i will update it now!

we are just spending one night in Maui.

I received an email saying i could have a resort in Wailea_makena for $125 as other people have one it for that. its doesnt say what hotel just lists the facilities. Ive compared the facilities listed and think it is probably the marriott. should i just book this or do you think i could get it cheaper?

I'm not sure if the win they're informing you about was for your specific date or not, but with time on your side i would try as follows using your TWO re-bid zones:

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rjeected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Wailea and re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (NOTE: please do NOT use the link in the email that PRICELINE sent)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Generally speaking summier is a busy time for the Hawaiian islands, but business is currently slow, so it may not take as much as previous years. Nobody can say if prices for these dates will fall (or go higher) but you can read the related 'bid early or closer to arrival' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for this nite? Is this the only zone you're willing/able to stay in?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

it is going for $299 a night.. i guess i can try kaanapali but i just thought it was a bit far away from the hakelau crater to do the sunrise bike tour.. plus i thought it would more expensive anyway to stay here..

can i add 4 star as there are no 4 star hotels in the areas (not kaanapali) or will this not work?

If the best rate you're able find for a Resort in the Wailea zone is $299, your $120 bid is still well under half price... what is your gameplan if you continue to not be successful up to $120? (would you lower your star rating, raise your bid, look at other zones)

can i add 4 star as there are no 4 star hotels in the areas (not kaanapali) or will this not work?
I don't understand what you're asking...can you add 4* to your (Wailea-Makena) bid??

PRICELINE does offer 4* bidding in the (Wailea-Makena) zone, so it should be assumed that they do have 4* hotels available in this area.

Thru MAPS and HOTELS.com i found the Wailea Beach Villas which is 4* rated by PRICELINE... there could be others.

Do you want to keep trying for a Resort in this zone for awhile or are you looking to 'get this done' now?

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above is a match for the Maui Oceanfront Inn so that would be my best guess.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

ok so still had no luck been trying on and off.. gone up to $125 no luck.. think i need to wait till a week before my stay then try but who knows, i guess it is busy period..

in reference to the email i said i got a while back offering me a resort.. i got one again it is like this

https://travel.priceline.com/hotels/Lang/en...43&plf=pcln

based on the amenities would you say it was the marriot or the prince? have you seen these before?

The link you posted contains a session ID and therefore won't work for anyone other than yourself (and even then only for a few hours until the session expires)

But based upon the information you're supplying, i don't think PRICELINE is offering any specific hotel, but rather the amenities are "Resort-specific" and not hotel specific (meaning that the amenities are associated with all Resort class hotels and not a particular hotel that is being offered)

still no luck.. i have one week left to bid.. im now considering going for the Maui Coast Hotel in Kihei. What are my free re-bid options here or arnt there any?

I see Wailea area has the Beach Villas but they seem very expensive too and i doubt i will be able to get them for around $100 right?

im now considering going for the Maui Coast Hotel in Kihei. What are my free re-bid options here or arnt there any?

Do you mean you're now going to try for a 3* hotel in the Kihei zone? If so, you have one re-bid zone when bidding 3* in Maui, but you need to know how to determine your re-bid zones yourself as they need to be doublechecked before you bid any bidding cycle. Please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board... if you're confused just let us know and we'll break it down for you one step at a time.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the star rating, zone, and hotel that you received... was it the Maui Coast?

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]