NY NYC Le Marquis MTS

john b
By john b,
in

Our trip to NYC was great, and so was the Le Marquis. It was an easy walk from Penn Station down 31st St to the hotel, which is on 31st just west of Madison. The hotel is nicely decorated, it looks old from the outside but is very modern inside.

We were given a free upgrade :) :) :o to a small suite, which, separated by a divider, added a small "living room" (sofa, coffee table, TV, armoir and desk) to the bedroom/bathroom. The bedroom was on the small side, very little room to maneuver around the bed. The bathroom was very nice, very spacious. The hotel's website shows the shower equipped with one of those giant showerheads, but ours was a regular showerhead.

The hotel staff was young, friendly and helpful.

The hotel's location was perfect for us. We picked up the 6 train on 32nd at Park, right across the street from Artisinal (of you like cheese, this is a must see and must eat restaurant), to head downtown. It was an easy walk to the movie theater on 2nd Ave.

The only negative was my spotting of a little brown insect on the toilet seat Sunday morning. It disappeared into the toilet as I was turning the light on. No big deal, just an FYI.

I haven't checked Hotwire recently, but if the Le Marquis is available, I'd definitely stay there again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]