Hotwire Hotel: Help IDing Sacramento DT hotels?

SkerFan
By SkerFan,
in

If possible ... I would appreciate it!

Downtown Area of Sacramento ... staying 1 night 6/20/09

3* $55 -- Fitness Center, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access

2.5* $49 -- Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, High Speed Internet Access

2* $54 -- Complimentary Breakfast, Laundry, High Speed Internet Access

Thank you for your time!

The 3* and 2* have not yet been identified, but the 2.5* is a match for the Ramada Limited Discovery Park so that would be our best guess for that one.

There is also an alternate 2.5* property shown for the same $49/nite price if you change your search to 4adults:

Shuttle, Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Laundry, Internet, Golf

but unfortuantely this property has not yet been identfied either.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your help ... I have been trying to bid for a friend for downtown Sacramento ... they have a wedding reception downtown that is close to the Sheraton Grand (3 blocks) and Hyatt Regency (5 blocks). I have unsuccessfully bid 4* up to $88 so far on Priceline in the 4* level. The Holiday Inn downtown would be close enough to walk as well (6 blocks), so I was hoping the 3* was that one. Bidding 3* on Priceline brings the Courtyard into play and that's not good for them either.

I am surprised the 4* hasn't hit yet b/c the rates online are $119 (Sheraton) and $135 (Hyatt) online. I may just have them book the Holiday Inn direct ($99) or they will go with the block rate they have at the Hyatt ($109). I will probably keep trying the 4* level up to the point where they'd still be saving money ... I expect the Sheraton will come up, but you never know.

If it were me I'd be tempted to give 3.5* a shot to "reveal" a hotel at that level since I think it'd be close down there, but can't take that chance for them.

I was just curious if you guys had figured out how to "advanced re-bid" around here? Where if you have a lot of free re-bids in an area you can basically trick the computers into allowing you to have MANY, MANY free re-bids in one shot. I went from $55 incrementally dollar by dollar yesterday up to $88 for the 4* zone in Downtown since there are 6 free re-bid areas.

I want to thank you for the help you did provide in identifying the one hotel!

I was just curious if you guys had figured out how to "advanced re-bid" around here?
We call it the permuation method, and if go to RE-Bidding.com you can acutally see all of the permuations for a given area. :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]