Priceline Hotel: Help Needed

Prakash
By Prakash,
in

Thought I will check on Jersey City as I heard it is lot cheaper and just a quick commute from New York.

Bid for 3* earlier on Priceline for $60 and did not get thru' . I then checked on the Hyatt site and found that they are sold out for one of the days. Is there something happening ?

Am thinking of settling for bidding on Candlewood suites based on the postings here. Any suggestions on where I should start bidding ?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't know what is happening in Jersey City these dates, but something is going on as all the hotels appeared to be sold-out. I'll keep my eyes open, and may have a better idea on Sunday when the local weekly newspaper comes out... if there's a big event it may be mentioned in there.

Is this a business or leisure trip? I think your next best step is either to stay directly in NYC or an alternate NJ zone. There are other NJ zones that do provide frequent NYC transportation, but none are as convenient as Jersey City.

Let us know what direction you think you would like to head and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. It is a pleasure trip - just happen to plan it at the last minute ..

Hmm.. What do you folks think about Secaucus neighborhood. I see a 3.5* hotel (not sure which one?) for 80$ on hotwire. Maybe I can bid for it on Priceline. Is this an easy commute to NYC.

The NYC hotels seem way too expensive (is it worth waiting till the day before to see if there are any last minute deals ? that was one of the reasons for me asking if there was something going on there.)

Are there any other suggestions for decent neighborhoods that are not too far away from the downtown area.

The next best NJ area is the Meadowlands/Rutherford/Secaucus area. Not nearly as convenient as Jersey City but it can be done... as long as you don't plan on staying out much past 1am or 2am as many busses stop running after midnite. There is a new train transfer station in Secaucus which may be another option for you, but you would need to get to the train station and my guess is that the bus will be the most convenient method.

With all the Jersey City hotels sold-out, i'm doubtful you'll see them all of a sudden open up availability and sell rooms at deeply discounted prices... but if you want to take that chance you can do so (but risk that you end up with nothing).

Let us know what direction you want to head and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]