Priceline Hotel: 3* Saddle Brook-Teaneck (Paramus-Hackensack) Crowne Plaza

nmyankee
By nmyankee,
in

Congratulatiosn no your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

I'm assuming this property is on Fromme Rd, if so, it's adjacent to Paramus Park Mall if you're looking for something to do, and i'm familiar with the area if you're need any help or info.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would appreciate any suggestions for this trip!

( Two of my favorite places on the earth are hot Bagels on River Road, Fair Lawn, and to the Market Basket in Franklin Lakes.

Otherwise this trip is to let my husband experience the jersey shore, and a day trip to the city. Oh, and to visit my family. Of course.)

We will be at the Paramus Park Crowne Plaza Sat night - Sunday. we are thinking of going into the city on Sunday morning before going down the shore that night and stay in Neptune for a couple days - Could you suggest the easiest way to get in? I usually take a train (from Glen Rock or Radburn) and parking is free on Sundays, but perhaps only if you have a town sticker on your car..anything closer to my hotel? Park n Ride somewhere - I've been out of the area a while...The Paramus Park bus is of no help on Sundays, and we will have a rental car. We will be going to see the Intrepid, and I wouldn't mind showing my husband Hoboken/Jersey City and taking the Waterway if it works out.

One more question - how convenient is it to travel from Jersey City to EWR with small bags - We are thinking of spending our last night in Jersey City, then we could do the city trip from there, and fly out at 5:30pm from EWR. I would get rid of the rental car a day early and use the trains to get to and from the hotel, and the hotel could store our bag the last day.

Thanks for your help!

Well sounds like you know the area fairly well too... i grew up on Fairlawn's hot Bagels!

I don't know the Sunday schedule for trains/busses from Paramus (as you know things are a lot slower on Sunday with the Blue Laws and less mass trasnit avaiablel), but since you'll be heading down the shore i would either drive Weehawken if you want to take the ferry (which is expensive now... figure ~$10 to park, $7-$8/ow, for two peple you're looking at ~$40 just to commute :) )... or you can take the PATH from Hoboken... or the North Bergen Park N Ride located right where Rte 3 and Rte 495 intersect, which would leave you right at the entrance to the Turnpike in order to start your trip down the shore. (this last option seems the easiest, imo)

Getting to EWR via mass transit from Jersey City/Hoboken is easy (as in not difficult), although somewhat inconvenient... but local taxi companies are all competing for EWR busing right now and if you go this route i can give you some local taxi companies who will take you from JC/Hoboken to EWR for $25, which makes the mass transit route 'just not worth it', imo.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help - I am tempted to drive into the city if we leave early enough in the morning - (although I haven't driven in the city in 20 years)...3 of us on Sunday scheduled mass transportation vs. toll and parking and a bit more courage - any thoughts?

Not sure were you need to go once you're in the city, but you could park right at the Port Authority parking garage immedately once you leave the Lincoln Tunnel or there's a garage straight ahead once you hit 42nd St... if you want to drive in but not drive once in the city. I'd check the Park N Ride bus schedule from North Bergen as it usually runs frequently (not certain about Sundays though), allows you to not have to drive into the city, eliminates a toll and cost for parking, and upon your return you're right at the NJ Tpke to begin your journey south.

It appears that the NJ Transit 320 bus also stops at the North Bergen Park and Ride and has more frequent service than the scedule above (there may be other routes as well that stop at this location here)

It really comes down to how much you do/don't want to drive into the city vs. convenience of being on your own schedule. Coming to Hoboken could be an option as well, but it'll add another 15-20 minutes from where you would catch the North Bergen Park N Ride (as it takes 10+ minutes just to get from the entrance of Hoboken to where you would catch the PATH)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]