Priceline Hotel: 3* Amsterdam (Schiphol Airport) Courtyard

Taiko
By Taiko,
in

I was happily running through the permutation system for a 5* Museum and central zone to round off my upcoming AMS trip.

After numerous rejections, counteroffers and browser restarts as per the system, I got to my very last rebid.

Somehow, the star rating had changed from 5* to 2*

Absolutely no idea how that happened and I was totally shocked to get a screen congratulating me on a 2* Schiphol win upgraded to the 3* Marriott courtyard.

I won't use the room and I'll put it down to experience I guess.

You can't turn back the clock to see what happened so I'll never know.

User error?....slip of the mouse? Possible but unlikely.

The room was $90 x 2 so its an expensive event I have to live with.

I guess the lesson is to check and check again, all the details on each page before clicking through.

I have a room for my first 2 nights, so I'll bid again tomorrow when I get there...

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry to hear of the bidding error.

If you don't think you included anything lower than 5* in your bidding you can let PRICELINE know and they will research it and send you a screenshot if you did in fact bid this zone... if a computer glitch then i'm sure they'll make it right.

Let us know if you do pursue it.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Glad PRICELINE was helpful and willing to work with you to change the booking. Let us know how it goes when you do rebid, and please use the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase.

Follow up:

I was able to successfully rebid those dates and have a positive email from PL confirming compliance with their rebid requirements, and will receive the credit for the incorrect wins less their change fee.

After research, I have discovered that if you use a touchpad rather than a mouse, it is possible to activate a portion of the PL bidding page, and potentially cause unnoticed changes to your selections as you scroll down using the active side bar area of the touchpad.

I can only conclude that the star selection went from 5* to 2* in this manner.

In this instance, PRICELINE are made good, as they get slightly better fees for the substituted winning nights, plus their change fee.

However, they had no obligation to cooperate, so kudos and thanks are due to PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]