Rebidding using a lower star level

max8771
By max8771,
in

Nice site!

Say you have 4 available star options (1 stars, 2 stars, 3 stars, and 4 stars).

Say you have 2 rebid zones. You run out of rebid zones for 4 star hotels and are forced to lower your minimum star rating to 3 stars. In this case, the zones which include 4 stars would be your "dummy zones". But how do you know that you won't get stuck in one of the dummy zones? I didn't really understand the explanation in the main post which tells you how to rebid. Any help would be appreciated.

You close your browser and re-access PRICELINE, which allows you to start with a "clean slate", essentially UNchecking any zones you don't want to include in your next round of bidding.

Although not the intention when created, many have found using the PRICELINE search box on the top right corner of the board useful in this situation since it opens a PRICELINE window directly to the page with the zones in it... if you reach a point where yove to close the current browser, you simply re-click the GO button and don't need to fill in your city and date information again.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let's assume three zones with the highest star level available in each:

ZoneA: 4*

ZoneB: 3.5*

ZoneC: 3.5*

You want ZoneA so you select it and 4* and your bid is rejected, so you add ZoneB as a re-bid and are rejected, add ZoneC as a re-bid zone and are rejected.

Now you decide you want to try for a 3.5* in ZoneA, but DON"T want ZoneB and ZoneC which are already checked from your previous bids (since you used them as re-bid zones) and you can't unselect them.

If you close the browser, use our link to re-access PRICELINE, nothing is checkmarked since you've just arrived to the page. So you're able to select only ZoneA and try for the 3.5* with having ZoneB or ZoneC selected (which are no longer re-bid zones at this level)

Hope this example makes it clearer.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let's assume three zones with the highest star level available in each:

ZoneA: 4*

ZoneB: 3.5*

ZoneC: 3.5*

You want ZoneA so you select it and 4* and your bid is rejected, so you add ZoneB as a re-bid and are rejected, add ZoneC as a re-bid zone and are rejected.

Now you decide you want to try for a 3.5* in ZoneA, but DON"T want ZoneB and ZoneC which are already checked from your previous bids (since you used them as re-bid zones) and you can't unselect them.

If you close the browser, use our link to re-access PRICELINE, nothing is checkmarked since you've just arrived to the page. So you're able to select only ZoneA and try for the 3.5* with having ZoneB or ZoneC selected (which are no longer re-bid zones at this level)

Hope this example makes it clearer.

Thank you, I understand now. Before I was just under the impression that you can bid for a zone which doesn't have the highest available stars, which would be either zone B or C in your example.

Feel free (strongly recommended) confirming your re-bid zones before bidding just to make sure you have them correct.

Hi,

Do you mean we should simply verify the page to make sure the selected zones are correct before bidding?

I mean that if you're new to re-bidding you should post on the board and confirm your re-bid zones: "I'm about to bid on a 3.5* in Cleveland and want to confirm that my re-bid zones are this, blah, and that" (or whatever city it is that you are bidding)

• 2 weeks later...

System-wide new hotels are added, others are removed, some are upgraded, and some are downgraded just about every day.

Do you have an upcoming stay that you're thinkging of using PRICELINE? If so, why not post the particulars of your stay and we'll try to help you meet the needs you have for this specific stay, as i think that would be more productive than continuing to ask a bunch of 'general' questions which if you're new to PRICELINE, may not be applicable to your specific stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]