Priceline Hotel: 4* St Louis (Downtown) Marriott Union Station

Nessie
By Nessie,
in

1. I entered an address I want to stay near on hotwire.com. In parentheses next to a hotel's description, it say's it's 0.0 - 1.5 miles from my location. Does that mean the hotel is GUARANTEED to be 1.5 miles away or less from the address I entered in? I ask this because it needs to be walking distance, and 1.5 miles I can handle.

2. The hotel I'm looking at shows up when I put 2 adults and 1 room, but it does not show up when I put 3 adults and 1 room. Why is that? Will I be denied entry into the hotel if I show up with 3 people?

Thanks!

Forgive me if this isn't right the place to post, but I wasn't sure where.

I need a cheap place to stay in St Louis. These are the only requirements:

Dates of Stay: 6/26-6/29

Number of people: 3 Adults

Location: Must be walking distance (1.5 miles or less) from 701 Convention Plz, St Louis, MO

Price: As cheap as possible

That's about it. What should my next course of action be? Thanks!

Which hotel is this?

3* hotel in St Louis

This hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Thanks

Sorry about the format of this thread. All my posts were merged into one.

The hotel mentioned in the post above is in downtown St. Louis, and the price is $55. All the hotels I've looked at near 701 Convention Plz are over $100 a night. I don't understand why this one is only $55. It seems too good to be true.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Re-bidding does not involve lowering or raising yoru star rating... please start by reading this thread, Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, and then ask any questions you have. Although note that PRICELINE only guarnatees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, so this may not be the best option for you for this trip.

HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, after that, just like PRICELINE, it's at the discretion of the hotel... since the hotel you're looking at only appears when searching for double occupancy, you could take the risk, but it is possible that you receive a room with only one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to assign you to a room with two beds (and if they are willing/able, there could be an addditional fee involved)

The amenities for the 3* hotel you descirbe above are common for a downtown city hotel, but both the Holiday Inn Select Downtown-Convention Center and the Millenium Hotel have been reported in this zone with this amenity combination so either of these would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Feel free to ask any questions you have and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. Either of those hotels would be fine with me as they are walking distance from my location.

$55 still seems like an amazing price. I tried a bid of $55 today on Priceline.com but they denied it which is strange.

I'll make sure to use those PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links if I choose to purchase it. Thanks!

It's up to you if you'd like to go for the new HOTWIRE hotel or wait it out in hopes of a lower price in the future. (at the risk that nothing becomes and avaialble and that the current $83 hotel disappears)

When i saw your reply last nite i wasn't sure what you were waiting for... for $55 and all the other hotels you had found at $100+, it seemed to meet all your criteria.

If you're considering the current offering what are the amenities HOTWIRE associates with this property?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't realize the hotel would disappear so quickly. It seemed strange that Priceline would deny my $55 bid yet Hotwire would have one for $55. I just wanted to wait a couple days to see if I could find an even better deal, but I guess that wasn't a good choice :)

The $83 3 star hotel in Downtown St Louis has these amenities: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant

Also there's a $86 4 star hotel in Downtown St Louis with these amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access

Thanks!

$55 still seems like an amazing price.
Is that why I'm not finding amazing deals?

Obviously there are/were deals for these dates and it's not necessarily a timing issue.

Nobody can say if rates will go down, or up, between now and your stay, but for a further discussion see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

I want 3 airline tickets from Tucson to St Louis, 6/26-6/29, 3 passengers, for as cheap as possible, but no very early flights (like 6 AM). How should I go about buying them? Thanks

Direct thru the airline since you can't control your depature time with an opaque airline ticket purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]