Please be a considerate hotel guest

moviemom
By moviemom,
in

I am a frequent Priceline and Hotwire user and have had great results with both - in part, thanks to the tips on this site. Thanks for that!

My brother, however, manages a four-star hotel, and his experience with Priceline guests has NOT been good. He says that 9 times out of 10, when he gets unwarranted complaints about his hotel and rudeness from guests, he will check and find out that they are Priceline customers.

As a result, he HATES dealing with Priceline guests. And I completely understand that.

People, when you book a room through Priceline or Hotwire, please remember to be every bit as good a guest as if you had paid top dollar. Also, please remember to tip (doormen, bellmen, housekeeping staff, etc.) as if you were paying full fee. And be kind, people! These are human beings running the hotel. And in these recessionary times, many hotels are just getting by.

Your consideration will be much appreciated.

moviemom - It makes me sad to read your comments. I would hope that Priceline customers would be nice; I would almost expect them to be nicer because they probably got a great deal! I'm actually more gracious and forgiving when I have a bargain room.

I know I try to be courteous, friendly and remember to tip. I hope all other Priceliners will heed your words and do the same!

I am a frequent Priceline and Hotwire user and have had great results with both - in part, thanks to the tips on this site. Thanks for that!....Your consideration will be much appreciated.

Consideration starts here....if you've used BetterBidding to research and craft successful PRICELINE bids or if you've Identified a HOTWIRE hotel using the hotel lists, why not return the favor and take two minutes to post your win?

More posts makes this board an invaluable free resource.

moviemom - It makes me sad to read your comments. I would hope that Priceline customers would be nice; I would almost expect them to be nicer because they probably got a great deal! I'm actually more gracious and forgiving when I have a bargain room.

I know I try to be courteous, friendly and remember to tip. I hope all other Priceliners will heed your words and do the same!

Sad to hear - but should Priceline/Hotwire users be better than other people - I don't think so.

As a guest No matter how much you paided - you should behave and act politely.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]