Priceline Hotel: nyc hotel over Thanksgiving

cadu43
By cadu43,
in

Is Candlewood Suites in walking distance (for a 6 and 4 yr. old) from the PATH station? What would be a reasonable bid for 11/24/04 to 11/27. Could 2 small suites accomodate 2 adults in one and 1 adult and 2 children in another. Any suggestions other than Candlewood suites with above in mind?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think all of the hotels currently reported in the Jersey City area are a short enough walk to a PATH station (even for a small child).

From the Candlewood's website, there are indeed some rooms that will not accomodate 3 people (well, maybe they would, but not within the terms of the hotels 'rules'):

1 QUEEN BED STUDIO SUITE SMOKING

2 Person(s) Max Per Room

(Persons includes the total number of people staying in the room, including children.)

You could purchase a 1 BR Suite that can accomodate 4 people per room direct at the CANDLEWOOD website for $144 (non-refundable), $153 (cancellation penalty applies), or $179 (refundable)... of course double-check all the conditions youself before you book.

The problem with trying to bid for this particular hotel on Priceline is that the Hyatt, when available, often has a lower rate than the Candlewood Suites, so you have a chance of bidding 2* but getting upgraded to a 3 star.

I would either:

1) take my chances and try to book 2 rooms at the 3* level

2) if you are concerned about two rooms not being able to accomodate your group, if possible book 3 rooms at the 3* level (depending upon the make-up/relationship of adults and children may or may not work).

If for some reason you wanted target the Candlewood (due to the room amenities) i think you could even get 3 rooms via Hotwire cheaper than you could book 2 rooms conventionally.

Let us know your thoughts and how you would like to proceed and we will help with an appropriate strategy/assistance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for reply. Spoke to my brother who lives in NYC and he thinks it would be too inconvenient with young children who will want to rest, to stay in New Jersey. Am now looking for hotel in NYC that will accept our strange configuration (2 parents with 2 children and 1 grandmother). We have booked the Belleclaire in Manhattan but I am trying to do better but don't want to spend over $900 total for 3 nights for our party. And- go blue. All 3 of us adults are U of M graduates!!

Looking for a hotel in NYC for 1 couple and a grandmother to the 2 children ages 6 and 4 also traveling. Couple could use double bed or larger, grandma could sleep with 4 yr. old granddaughter in queen size hide-a-bed and 6 yr. old could sleep on a single bed or cot ( or air matress we could take along). Given all that what is the best we could do. price wise through Priceline for a clean, decent accomodation? Oh yes, this is for Nov. 24th through 27th 2004.

It sounds is your are still looking for two rooms which i think you have must do since Priceline will not guarantee bedding types. As well, many (perhaps even most) NYC hotel rooms cannot accomodate 5 people in one room.

With that said, i don't think you're going to be successful at $150/nite or under per room (which is what you would need to beat the rate you have at the Belleclaire).

Do i have the scenario correct or is there something i'm missing?

While in NYC you'll have to visit Katz's deli... only deli i've ever found that is better than Zingerman's!

PS- when my nieces and nephews were a bit younger part of their favorite thing about going to NYC with me was the ride on the PATH... we'd sit in the front car and they could watch thru the front window and get a 'conductor's view' of the path we were taking (they also loved going by ferry!). With that said, they live in the suburbs and didn't enjoy walking around Manhattan very much, with many "are we there yet" and "how much further" comments... so start some cardio training your kids now :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm sure you are right- we will probably stay with Belleclaire. I'm sure, also, that the kids would enjoy the ride by train and/or ferry but we need to factor in the convenience when they want to rest during a hectic day. That is when my brother thinks it would be too inconvenient to go to NJ. Thanks for the deli tip. Where in NYC is Katz's deli? We'll get right with that cardio training! Thanks again for your input.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]