BUF July 22-26, 2009

beemoo
By beemoo,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How much of a discount vs. conventional rates would you need to lock-in a non-refundable rental? Will you be traveling with car seats or do you intend to obtain them thru the rental company?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We will have the car seats with us. As for the discount, I can get a "premium" car through our insurance company for about $63/ day, so I wouldn't pay more than that.

Do you have any strategy tips? I have one other experience with PL car rentals before I found your site. I thought my bid was "aggressive" at 50% off the rates published by the car rental agencies, but PL accepted my first bid. I now feel I could have been more aggressive, and I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Thank you for any advice you can give. I've read MANY of the other posts about car rentals, but I just need advice for a starting place, as the rates seem higher for these dates/ location than many of the others I've read.

If it saved money would you consider renting a car for one day, returning it to the airport, then renting a new vehicle for the balance of your stay?

Renting from noon 7/23-7/26 gives you a weekend rate which HOTWIRE is offering an SUV for $45/nite or $166 all-in for the 3 days... then you'll need to 'fill-in' the extra day. Would this be worthwhile, or too much trouble with three kids and carseats?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow! I never would have thought to do that. While I would certainly do anything for a bargain, my hubby will not. He'd rather pay retail than move car-seats! (Yikes! He has other redeeming qualities.)

So, might it be possible that I could get an SUV on PL for a little less than $45? I am going to try some lower bids now, since I have time. I'll use your PRICELINE links and I'll post if I have any luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]