Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Houston (North - Galleria) Sheraton Suites

janishere
By janishere,
in

Can anyone make a best guess as to which of these might be the Embassy Suites near the Galleria Mall in Houston? I'm thinking the 3.5* at $55, because the 3* at $59 describes a Kitchenette rather than Suite, and I think the 2.5* is a bit too low? Am I right?? :)

Houston Galleria - See map ***1/2 $55

Selected amenities include: Suite, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center. View complete amenity list and description

Houston Galleria - See map *** $59

Selected amenities include: Pool(s), Fitness Center, Complimentary Breakfast, Kitchenette, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service). View complete amenity list and description

Houston Galleria - See map ** 1/2 $44

Selected amenities include: Suite, Pool(s), Fitness Center, Kitchenette, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service). View complete amenity list and description

After I make my decision and bid through the HOTWIRE link, I'll let you know what I've learned.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The last amenities known to be associated with the Embassy Suites are in the HOUSTON HOTWIRE HOTEL list (see the second post in the thread).

If you'd like help trying to figure out the other hotels above, please provide the date(s) of yorur stay.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After doing a bit more of my own research, I think that it's probably the 3*at $59 that is the Embassy Suites. That matches up to the amenities a bit closer, and there were a few negative reviews on Tripadvisor that led me to think it's probably more accurately described as a 3* than 3.5*.

Since my real need was for a room with a separate bedroom, I went ahead and booked the 3* suite at $55.00 and it turned out to be the Sheraton Suites Galleria, which seems to have mostly positive reviews (outside of traffic noise on the east side of the hotel.) So, you can add that to your Houston Hotwire List of confirmed hotels for the Galleria Area.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the new addition to our list.... hope this works out well for your needs.

If you had looked at the link above (not sure if you did or not) you would have found:

3.5* Embassy Suites near the Houston Galleria

Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast

Not only don't the amenities match the 3* you listed above, but the star rating is different as well... two indications that this is not likely the Embassy Suites.

Just to clairfy, i booked the 3.5* at $55 (and not the 3* at $55... i assume just a typo on the star rating?). Can you also please add the date(s) of your stay so that we can add it to the topic title.

Thanks, and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]