SC Charleston Riverview Hotel Ashley River

Stan
By Stan,
in

We stayed at the hotel from September 15 through 18, 2004. The room was clean and there was no bad smell as reported by other reviewers. Yes the hotel is old and needs renovation. There was a problem with the wall outlets. I could not charge my cell phone or PDA because the recharger kept falling off. I reported this to the Front desk, but nothing was done. There are 3 elevators in the hotel and the waiting time was less than 1 minute. I did not see any renovation going on in the lobby as complained by other reviews. The staff was friendly. The hotel is located next to a Police station. So we felt safe the whole time we were there. Overall I think the hotel should be rated less than 3*.

After I won the bidding, I checked out the reviews of the hotel. I was very concerned because there were some bad reviews and some good ones. I decided to write a letter to the hotel Manager to express my concerns and to request for a trouble free room. The Manager wrote back and explained the validity of those complaints. In addition, the Manager did offer to refund the money if I want to cancel the reservation. I think she did not realize that I reserved through PL and therefore reservation can't be cancelled with refunds.

Stan

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]