Priceline Hotel: Looking for additional nite at Renaissance Mayflower

Glaswegian
By Glaswegian,
in

I've only done it once, but that extra night option stayed available on my bid for a number of days. I had initially bid for 3 days, but after the first day in the hotel, decided I'd like to stay longer so exercised the option. They do charge you another fee, but it is still a good deal. Check your bid reply carefully to see if it will still let you extend.

Romelle

Glaswegian,

Which nite you are looking to add to this reservation (it's unclear whether it is a nite at the beginning or the end of your previous stay) and what was the amount of the counter-offer PRICELINE made when you tried to extend the stay?

How higher are you willing to bid for this additional nite?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One more point to clarify... since you're not extending the stay, but rather starting a new bid, you're no guarnateed to win the same hotel.

Given that you may have to change hotels, are you still willing to bid for this additinal nite? If so, are there other zones you're willing to accept as well, or did you want to stick with the (White House-Downtown) in hopes of landing the same property?

Let us know and we'll suggst a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With PRICELINE there is no way to target a specific property in the zone and it would be difficult to identify via HOTWIRE since this property has not yet been reported to the board.

Hotel direct rates at the Renaissance start at $299/nite for this additional nite... are you willing to pay this much for the extra nite?

HI there

Sorry I've not got back to you. I was away for a couple of days. I will probably pay their room rate for the convenience of not having to change hotels. We only have 5 nights in the city and their's too much to see to waste time moving between hotels. Do you think it would be worth waiting till nearer the time in the hope prices may drop. Also I'm not sure if their cheapest rate will be for the same type of room I have obtained via Priceline. I have contacted them via email, to ask what type of room we have and they just say a "guest room".

Thank you.

The hotel direct rate at the Renaissance appears to be cancellable up until the day of arrival (always doublecheck terms during the checkout process) so you can book that and then monitor if rates drop at all... but this way your locked-in in the lower rate should prices go higher from here. However, do note that the rate is $299/nite, and i would sooner change hotels (perhaps looking further at the 3.5* property in the Downtown on HOTWIRE for $199/nite)... determine how far away it is and see just how difficult it would be to move. It's also not typically that hard to move after the first nite as you pack your close for the following day near the top of your luggage and don't even unpack... it's not for everyone and it's your trip and money, so you know what would work best for you.

Hi there

The deal I got with PRICELINE was so good it puts you off booking direct with the hotels. I'm inclined to agree with you re moving. There's no need to unpack, we can check out early, leave our luggage in the Renaissance and return later in the day to book in. I'll have a look at HOTWIRE. My husband likes an easy life, me, I don't mind being put out a litte. After all there's lots of ways to spend the money you save. I'd definately recommend PRICELINE to anyone. I've already extalled it's virtures on Tripadvisor, pity I didn't read the small print myself and I would'nt be in the position now. But that's the way it goes, you learn through your mistakes. I'd definately use the site again.

Thanks for your interest.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]