Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Ft Lauderdale (North) Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek

PDB_905
By PDB_905,
in

This was actually a bit of a disappointment. Even though this hotel is listed on BB's Priceline hotel list, I had seen a number of wins for the Marriott and the Westin in the same star level and zone. I hadn't seen any for this hotel, so I thought odds were I'd get one of the other two. Plus, the Tripadvisor reviews for this property are pretty sketchy. However, the price is right and it's only for 2 nights, and who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Last fall I had won the Hyatt Place (3*) in the Downtown zone for $60. It was great, good location only about a 10 minute drive from the beach and made for a very pleasant experience. So I was hoping to get another hotel in that zone or the Beach zone for about the same price.

But other winners who posted here had been paying a fair amount more than that (~$80 or more) for those zones more recently. I still tried to do better, but had no luck.

I bid for 3* in Downtown or Beach, was counter offered when I hit the mid $60's range to increase my bid $17, which I declined, and I could probably have gotten something in the low $70's for a 3*.

At the same time, I saw other posters posting wins for 3.5* properties, mostly the Marriott and Westin, in the North zone for the $40's. So I decided to make the tradeoff of having a less desirable location to potentially save myself about $50 for a two-night stay. Man, am I a penny pincher... :-)

For my successful bid, I made one bid for $46 for 3.5* North zone, was immediately counteroffered to increase my bid $15, declined, restarted the bid with a free re-bid zone and bid $49. Accepted. Started all bids (and I made a LOT of them over about a 2-week period) from the PRICELINE link on Better Bidding.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $49.00

Subtotal: $98.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $19.55

Total Charges*: $117.55

I'll hope for the best!

At the same time, I saw other posters posting wins for 3.5* properties, mostly the Marriott and Westin, in the North zone for the $40's. So I decided to make the tradeoff of having a less desirable location to potentially save myself about $50 for a two-night stay. Man, am I a penny pincher... :-)

I was a previous poster who got the Westin for 45.00. I wasnt sure I'd get it so I only bid for 1 night ( I needed 5) and if I was succesful, I'd add more nights. I was hoping for the Marriott. Since you only need 2 nights, I guess that strategy wont work. Its also slightly more expensive since the fee's are higher when you add nights.

I had to cancel that trip which was supposed to happen last week. I rescheduled for next week( one of the same days you're going). I didnt want to take the chance of getting this Sheraton so I skipped the bidding and just booked a package on Hotwire.

So, in short, thanks for posting your win!!!

Happy Travelling, Randi

Sorry I'm so late in replying, but after reading more reviews, I think this hotel may turn out OK.

I've become kind of wary of negative hotel reviews, unless they are consistently negative. Some people just are never happy and always have to find something to squawk about.

I'll try to post a review after I get there or after I get back.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]