Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown-Convention Center) Hilton St Charles

Bidder Off Dead
By Bidder Off Dead,
in

I originally bid higher for varying length stays in the French Quarter only and was rejected. Then, I bid $48 for Convention Center District only and was rejected. Finally, I upped my bid to $52 and added French Quarter to the Convention Center District and was accepted.

Total price for two rooms: $250.94

Taxes and fees: $42.94

Jacques-Imo's, here I come.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We've edited your topic title from the French Quarter zone to the "Downtown Convention Center" zone as i believe this is the current PRICELINE zone in which this property resides... can you please confirm that this is correct?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and and fun in New Orleans.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We've edited your topic title from the French Quarter zone to the "Downtown Convention Center" zone as i believe this is the current PRICELINE zone in which this property resides... can you please confirm that this is correct?

Priceline definitely called this "French Quarter Area," both on my bid success screen and in the confirmation email I received. Note that this is the Hilton St. Charles at 333 St. Charles Avenue, not the Hilton Riverside at 2 Poydras Street, nor the Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center located at 1001 South Peters.

Here is the wording from Priceline:

"Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Ave. French Quarter Area"

Here is the name of the hotel from HiltonFamily.com:

"Hilton New Orleans St. Charles/French Quarter"

The description on HiltonFamily.com contains the words "Central Business District," but everything else seems to say French Quarter, and Priceline seems to group it with the French Quarter. This hotel did not accept my bid when I bid Convention Center, but did accept my bid when I added French Quarter to the search.

Here is the wording from Priceline:

"Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Ave. French Quarter Area"

Yes, this is the offical name of the hotel according to PRICELINE, but that doesn't have anything to do with the zone that PRICELINE uses to classify its location.

The boundary of PRICELINE's French Quarter zone is Canal Street, and thos property is clearly on the other side (south and/or west) of Canal Street, putting it in the "Downtown-Convention Center" zone.

On your PRICELINE winning bid confirmation, can you copy/paste all the information from the hotel name, address, etc... somewhere in there it likely mentions the Downtown/Convention Center zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]