Only one 3* hotel in the area

Mika
By Mika,
in

Hello,

Thanks for comments and advise for my last post.

I started to plan a short trip around New England and today I would like to know if I am understanding this Priceline system correctly. I am thinking of visiting Berkshire area in Massachusetts. One place I think it will be convenient for us to stay is in Lee or Pittsfield area. In Priceline, there is only one 3 * hotel in whole region and it is in Pittsfield. Does it mean if I pick 3 * hotel and make a bid it's pretty much certain that the hotel I will get is the one hotel in Pittsfield? If this is true, I am thinking of starting very low bid as I have some days before my trip, so I can continue to bid with slightly high offer every 24hrs. Is this correct assumption?

Or as Priceline says "the hotels might be different from what you have seen. . . " dose it mean Priceline may include some 2 star hotels in possible hotels for my bid?

In Priceline, there is only one 3 * hotel in whole region and it is in Pittsfield
How are you determining this... thru the "retail" version of PRICELINE where the names of the hotels are shown before your purchase?

If so, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]