Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Napa-Sonoma (Santa Rosa-Rohnert Park-Petaluma) Doubletree

Sherlock
By Sherlock,
in

Had a great 1st try. Here I go again.

Want 3.5* Sonoma but Napa would be great too. (Can drop to 3*)

See only 1 re-bid available Fairfield.

Is it too soon., What price should I start at.........

Never been there so any suggestions, like is Petuluma okay, is Napa or Sonoma more fun.

I am a low key blue collar guy.

Not a wine buff (love drinking it) just looking for some fun and sun with my sister.

Will be in a rental car from Oakland airport.

Thanxs in advance.

Sherlock

Others here are more familiar with this area then i am, but to give us a little more to go on... what do you intend to do this stay? Will you be visiting wine country, looking to just lounge by a pool, visti the surrounding area, etc?

What is your expected nightly budget?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Petaluma is a historic town that used to be the urban center for an agricultural district. Santa Rosa/Rohnert Park are somewhat like suburbs. If you want to save money, they would be fine zones to stay in.

If you want more Wine Country atmosphere, you want to be in Healdsburg, Sonoma, Glen Ellen, Napa, Calistoga, Yountville or St Helena. With travel down due to the economy, it is not too early to bid. But keep in mind the Wine Country is more expensive than Petaluma/Santa Rosa or the city.

Most Napa/Sonoma wine country bids have been coming in from $95 to $110 for a 4 or 3.5*. Do a search on this site to find out. (I've been bidding for Sept, but I AM early.) Good luck.

Thanxs for the reply Gallus50

Might these areas be called "sleepy"?

That would be great, I am looking for daytime muckin around and pool, wine and dinner in the PM.

With a rental car Napa and Sonoma would easily be accessible in half an hour, I believe.

May try for the cheaper area.

Bidding History!

Bid Napa 3.5* $60

New Bid Napa & Fairfield 3.5* $65

New Bid Napa & Sonoma 3.5* $70

New Bid Napa & Sonoma & Santa Rosa 3.5* $44,

New Bid Napa & Sonoma & Santa Rosa 3.5* Down to 3 nights............$45--Accepted!

Double Tree in Rohnert Park.

Yikes, Happy Camper here.

Maybe going to try for the 4th night...........or muck around in SF for one night?

Thanxs Gallus50 for your input., and to the site.

Sherlock

That's a crazy low rate. Good job. You can visit the more scenic areas and save some coin, too.

You could bid one night in Napa/Sonoma or go to SF for one night. Parking may be expensive, but $8 hotels are being won for $64 - $75 regularly. So you could do well there. Enjoy the Bay area and keep us posted on what you do for your last nite. (Please use BB PRICELINE link.)

That's a crazy low rate. Good job. You can visit the more scenic areas and save some coin, too.

You could bid one night in Napa/Sonoma or go to SF for one night. Parking may be expensive, but $8 hotels are being won for $64 - $75 regularly. So you could do well there. Enjoy the Bay area and keep us posted on what you do for your last nite. (Please use BB link.)

I know this is a typo. lol

I went thru the proper PRICELINE links, gotta give props to the peeps!

Keep you abreast of the final night.

I AM Stoked!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]